Weekend update

On Wednesday Mr G cooked for us, well, he prepped it and I had to cook it as he had to take the boy to football training. Chubby Cubs Tandoori Chicken burger with SW chips and salad.

And Thursday we met our daughter's boyfriend for the first time, so I pulled out all the stops with Chicken Shawarma kebabs. I made too much, as usual, but I'd rather overfeed someone than them leave here hungry. 

He seems like a nice young man, anyway. God, I sound like my mother. Or someone's mother, anyway.

Picked up a few more bits for Christmas, mince pies, pickles, frozen buffet bits for Boxing Day, stuff for the Christmas boxes, fudge for my sister in law. I found a Coffee and Walnut cake rum liqueur in B&M - Mr G had already bought the Battenburg gin liqueur for himself a few months back - I'm actually seriously impressed that all of our Christmas alcohol has survived this far! I had my Hay House delivery through also, from the best husband in the world (ever) TM. 

Soon this absolute shocker of a year will be over, and I doubt many of us will be sorry to see the back of it. I remember saying to Mr G that it was going to be a corker of a year, we were going to travel, we were going to reach our target weights, we were going to go on rugby away trips and it was going to be the best year ever. If you're a regular reader you'll know that I'm a control freak planner. I am she who loves lists. I don't like shocks, change, conflict. I like routine, lists, lists, itineraries and routine. And lists. And this year I have really had to step out of my comfort zone. It's taught me that all the plans and lists in the world can't prepare you for something like Covid (but also being a master planner can help you meal plan for two months at a time and barely need to leave the house). That all we really have is this moment, and we really should just live for it. I have higher hopes for 2021 but I won't be making any plans for it, not just yet. Not in pen, anyway. 

Put it this way, my A4 size desk diary that my Mum buys me for Christmas each year? I took the cover off it and put it straight in the recycling bin last week. Blank. Empty. Usually I have to shred it. Not this year. Nope.

I've gone back onto Facebook, for the month of December only, and I regretted it within about three minutes of scrolling through my newsfeed. I liked people so much more before social media, anyone else feel like that? I'll be gone from there again before the bells ring 2021 in, that's even if I make it that far. I've said it before and I'll say it again. People. Are. Nuts. 

Mr G came out with a corker today. Chatting about rugby this morning and we were both blank. Trying to remember the former St Helens coach's name, and neither of us could bring it to mind.

Me: Oh, what was he called again. Justin...

*we stare at each other blankly in silence for about 30 seconds*

Mr G: Beaver.

(*note - not even Bieber. Oh no. Which still would have been wrong but at least an actual person. No. He said beaver)

Mr G: **** off.

*he swears at me and covers his face, before I even begin to start laughing at him*

Me: Beaver? Where the hell did that come from?

Mr G: I don't know. 

It was Holbrook, by the way. Justin Holbrook. 


And to finish off the post, some little knitted cuteness. I finally managed to finish this little decoration, I finally (!) managed to find dark green wool in a charity shop in Wrexham last week, and I bought a huge bag of craft stuffing from a charity shop in Bangor this week for a quid. In the pattern the berries were knitted but I had some small red jingly bells and thought they would be effective. I'm really chuffed with how it's turned out. I also made another little stocking with a gold fluffy trim.

Still no bed. I think we're going to have to start making some noise this week, otherwise I'll be sleeping on the sofa covered in gifts come Christmas Eve... 

Comments