Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

Our car is screwed, we know what it is, we know how we can get it fixed, but unfortunately the people who can do it for us, are now closed until the 4th of January. So, we are carless for the foreseeable. 

Went shopping with the parents yesterday, and was dreading it. Stories of panic buying and it's terrible this time of year under any circumstances. The reality was very different. Thanks no doubt in part to Morrisons having someone on the door monitoring how many were coming out and letting people in, the queue wasn't too big and flowed reasonably quickly. They were well stocked and I got everything on my list apart from one item. 

I iced my Christmas Cake yesterday, and I think it looks nice. The ribbon that I had hoped to put around it was a touch too thick, so in the end I just added a little craft ribbon with mini reindeer on.

Today I cooked my gammon - it was 5 kilograms, so I needed to do it today so that it would be cold enough to slice tomorrow. 

And! Finally! Our bed has arrived! It is really high. Really high. I'm just under 5 foot 2, and I am going to need a step to get onto it. We had a little lie on it earlier and it was just bliss. Bliss. 53 nights sleeping on a single mattress or a sofa has really taken it's toll on my back and my hip. I can't wait to see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow. 

I can't wait to go to bed tonight. I'm clockwatching at the moment. It will also be novel to go to bed with my husband for the first time in nearly two months. 

We had an online Zoom catch up last night with the Wrexham lot and some of the players, who were in the middle of a photoshoot. It was a really good laugh, a proper tonic after this last week. 

I need to go to the bank first thing tomorrow to get the money to stuff the money wallets with, and then - I am done. Deliver them, and the presents on foot, and then get back home to do our baking and cooking and prepping. Tomorrow Mr G wants to make his festive sponge cake, the boy wants to make sausage rolls, and I need to cook the turkey ready and prep their Oreo trifles for Christmas Day. Peel all the veg tomorrow night, and it's one less job to do on the day itself. 

Comments