Slight Setback

Had some disappointing news today, looks like our Slimming World group won't be opening until the 17th now. This was a bit of a curveball because I was so geared up to start again a week tomorrow, on plan, properly on plan, I mean. I knew I had just over a week left of being naughty, being silly, before it ended because - I can't lie - I'm getting sick of it now. I know I've put weight on, I'm undoing all that hard work and I need to stop it. And now... it's two weeks tomorrow. And I don't want to do this for another two weeks. I can do a hell of a lot of damage in two weeks, you know?

I do need the structure of a group in order to lose weight, I acknowledge that. I always will, even when I reach target, I will have to continue to attend or I will just end up putting the weight back on. But I'm also a grown woman and I need to pull my finger out. In this next couple of weeks between now and group restarting I could potentially lose half a stone - or I could gain an additional half a stone. I know which one I'd prefer. So I am back on plan, tomorrow. Battery back in the scales, face the harsh truth of just how much I have actually put on. Try my best to hit that 10,000 step mark while I listen to my language audios. Maybe venture out of the house for a real walk too. If I can go back to group, having already been back on plan for a fortnight, hopefully it won't be too much of a shock to the system. 

As well as not letting myself down too badly, I also don't want to let my group down, because everyone has been really kind to Mr G and I. They nominated me for Woman of the Year, voted him Man of the Year, voted us Mr Sleek and Miss Slinky. I need to remind myself how far I've come and why I'm doing this. I've got this :-) 

The other thing I really need to consider is, if reopening group has been delayed by a week already... what happens if something goes pear shaped in the next two weeks? What happens if it's delayed again? Delayed indefinitely? What happens when this second wave comes? I can't see group being back on a permanent basis without closing again at some point, not for a long time yet. Definitely not this year.  

In other news, my computer is still being a bellend. The troubleshooter is coming up with all manner of weird and wonderful excuses as to why it won't stay connected longer than 2 minutes at a time. That's when the troubleshooter works... and it is definitely the computer because all the other devices in the house are ok. So, it looks like I might have to be grabbing myself a laptop sooner rather than later. 

I went out to check my tomato plants earlier. There's some really big buggers on one of the plants! 


I love homegrown tomatoes, I've got four different varieties growing this year, and they're all doing quite well, but these are huge, there's another cluster at the top of the plant too. You can't beat a homegrown tomato sandwich; nice fresh brown bread, a sprinkle of sea salt, probably the best sandwich in the world. That big tomato has my name on it ;-)  

Comments