The one where I make Mr G sick

For as slowly as January seemed to drag (gawd, that was a looooong month), February has whizzed by, hasn't it? It always seems to be such a hectic month. Our wedding anniversary was on the 2nd - 18 years married! Only seems like yesterday, and I remember it so well. Mr G's birthday three days later. Then Valentines Day.

Mr G: Do you ever look at someone and feel sick?
Me: *pause* are you talking about me?
Mr G: Yes.
Me: Thanks...
Mr G: No, not in a bad way. Just, I love you so much, and every time I look at you, it makes my stomach go funny and I feel sick.

There you have it folks. That's what (nearly) twenty one years of being in love with me does to a man.

And! Yesterday. Feeling very sorry for myself in my cuddle chair. Snot, tissues, sneezes. Mr G stands up and looks out of the window at the trees.

Mr G: I'm going to go and put some food out. I've been neglecting my birdies.
Me: You're neglecting your wife.
Mr G: Do you want a worm?
Me: F**k off.

There was also a story regarding circumcision that made us both laugh until we couldn't breathe, and as much as I'd love to repeat it, I don't think Mr G would appreciate having his bell end splashed around Blogger.

Anyhoo. This year was a little different; we usually celebrate events with food. Unhealthy food. And of course we can't do that so much now. We had one meal out as an anniversary/birthday catch all, and we went somewhere new (to us), Ty Golchi in Bangor. We had heard so many nice things about the place, and it's probably one of the best recommendations we've had. I had intended on having a jacket potato with chilli con carne, but fresh from SW weigh in, I took one look at the specials board and when I saw the Lamb and Mint burger on there, I was sold.


Mr G had the bacon and cheese burger with homemade salsa. It was lush, and the chips? Best chips I have had in a restaurant, ever.


My mother, brother and his girlfriend also had the lamb burger and my father had a homemade chicken curry. There wasn't a scrap of food left on any of our plates.

We haven't been winning in our attempts to watch North Wales Crusaders so far this season. The three pre-season friendlies were all away matches. Two in Cumbria (too far, too cold, impractical) and the one at Widnes, when unfortunately Mr G was working.

A couple of weeks ago, we found out that the match with London Skolars (which was taking place in a double header with St Helens and Toronto) at Saracens ground had been cancelled because they got greedy and wanted more money than could be guaranteed. Mr G had booked time off work, a hotel in Wrexham for two nights and I'd paid a deposit for the away coach. The game has been rescheduled for the Sunday as opposed to Saturday, but it's my Mum's birthday so it's out of the question.

We missed the Christmas party with the players, and the fans Christmas party, and the kit launch for the sponsors, because Mr G was working. So, as you can imagine, we were thrilled that the season was kicking off last weekend with a home match, Doncaster, and then immediately followed by a home draw this weekend in the Challenge Cup against Hunslet.

We were sat here, showered, thermals on, soup flask ready, coffee flask ready, waiting for the result of the pitch inspection on Facebook. Game off. Casualty of Storm Dennis. Pitch unplayable in parts. It wasn't a huge surprise really, judging by the amount of lower league football that had been postponed the day before. So now, we wait with baited breath for this Sunday. Where Mr G has taken yet another set of holidays. It's barely stopped raining this week, so God only knows what the pitch is like at Queensway. The wind is still howling. And I swear, if this game is cancelled too, I will cry real adult tears.


I'm keeping everything crossed that this goes ahead though because I have really missed my Wrexham friends. Although we're all connected on Facebook, it's not the same. Wish I wasn't so far away.

Quite a few new faces on the team this year, and from the one game we managed to catch on OurLeague, the new squad looks very promising indeed and super fit. It is a rebuilding season, we had so many that retired last season, we lost Kenny Baker, our star player, to Widnes, and it was no surprise as he is a talented lad. You have to take your chances where and when you can, and I wish him every success and hope that he does well, because he is too good a player to be playing in League One. That said, I would love to see him back in a few years time.

In addition to the new players, Ryan Millington is back for another spell with us, which I'm thrilled about. I always rated him and he is such a funny bloke too (and, along with Danny Price, 50% responsible for Mr G's Worst Hangover Ever lol). And - my rugby crush - TJ is back after recuperating from his operation last season. I'm looking forward to seeing Dante grow as a player too, he always stood out for me when he played against us at Coventry, and he is a genuinely lovely lad - with the best hair in rugby league.

So much to be excited about this season. Let's just hope the weather plays ball. Pardon the pun.

Final thought. Not bandwagon jumping. But - be kind. Think before you speak or type. Count to ten. And if you're already kind - then be kinder.


Comments