Blog Posts are like buses...

I am ill. I am full of cold, and I can't taste anything, or smell anything (including me, which is probably a good thing right now because I haven't had a threat of water for two days - sorry Mr G). This makes food a bit of a challenge. I don't fancy it. I don't want it. I can't taste it. But, as per my previous post, I am making damned sure that I eat three square meals a day now, from here until eternity. Ok, maybe that's a tad melodramatic.

So, what have we been eating this last month? Some bloody lovely meals, that's what!


This one, I've made three or four times now. Two Chubby Cubs Cheats Lasagne. Get this - I even ate the cubed mozzarella! And it was delicious. I made it again last night, however, and I omitted the mozzarella and instead made cheesy garlic 'bread' to go with it. Please ignore the pasta, God only knows what the hell it was, got it from Aldi, looked like helmets and was fecking massive. Took three years to cook. I'll stick to the fancy Morrisons one in future. I increased the amount of meat sauce this time too.


We tried the Pinch of Nom Jambalaya from the second book, that was delicious.


Mr G's kitchen continued with Crying Tiger Beef, but we left the steaks whole on the plate, instead of slicing them. Delish.


We tried the Two Chubby Cubs Satay Burger. Some things are worth using syns on. Olive oil, mayonnaise, avocado and peanut butter. Shove your peanut butter powder up your backside.


We've had Two Chubby Cubs Mongolian Beef. Twice. There is a story, naturally. It includes Mr G, naturally.

So, Mr G's cooking adventures continue. Our Wedding Anniversary, and so we do a joint effort. I cut the steak, cook the prawn toast and rice, while he measures the spices. What could go wrong?


Really simple dish to prep. Very few ingredients. We sit down; smells delicious, looks delicious, used a nice rump steak for the dish, so it was fall apart tender. All good. Mr G is sat looking smug (despite me doing the lions share of the meal). We start to eat, and... Holy Hannah, it's hot. I don't just mean spicy, I'm talking - I don't want this coming out the other end hot? And I like spicy food. So, we are sat there, trying to eat it. I'm mopping away sweat, tears and snot as I'm going.

I post the picture, as we do, on our SW Facebook group. And I enter this dialogue with someone who commented on it. I tell her 'it was lovely, but it was really hot considering it only had one teaspoon of chilli flakes in it'. A few minutes later Mr G gets up and leaves the room. I think nothing of it. Maybe gone for a tablet or a cold drink (God knows we needed one). And I receive a notification on my post.


He put a TABLESPOON of chilli flakes in a dish for TWO PEOPLE.

God love him, he's my love, my soulmate and I'd be lost without him, but he's thicker than mince sometimes. Any thicker and he would set.

Needless to say, when we made it again using one TEASPOON of chilli flakes, it was really nice.


We had Garlic and Lime Balti from the new Pinch of Nom Cookbook, with turmeric rice and onion bhajis. And we had another crack at this beaut from RecipeTin Eats, the chicken doner kebab...


And finally, we made the RecipeTin Eats Prawn, Mango and Avocado salad. It had popped up in my Facebook newsfeed so I had to give it another go. Delicious.




And finally this one. It might not look like much, and I may have adapted the recipe a little to suit me. There should have been a lot more cream cheese in it, but this was enough for our tastes. Two Chubby Cubs Creamy Leek and Sausage bake (if my memory serves me correctly, the book is in the kitchen and I am too ill to go and get it to check) with sugar snaps and Marmite roast potatoes. Bloody lovely. In my next lifetime, I want a wife like me :-)

Comments