Meal Planning Saturday

Because Meal Planning Mondays are so last week, sweetie, didn't you know?

Nah, the reality is that we don't have a concrete shopping day any more, what with four on-four off shifts, so I need to be prepared on any given day that I need to be. Mr G has two days in next week, sandwiched between days off and a holiday. I've also had my eldest down from Manchester for over a week, coupled with half term and the kids eating an extra meal here as opposed to at school and college... this means my cupboards, fridges and freezers have been decimated.  Not so concerned about the freezer part of the equation because they are both in dire need of defrosting. What sank the Titanic has nothing on my upright freezer, let me tell you! The chest freezer isn't much better, either. But what a bloody horrible job it is to do in the winter, especially as they're down in the pantry. It is bitter in there, it's so cold in there that our drinks are as cold, if not colder than if they're put in the fridge. But I can't put it off much longer. Maybe that can be my horrible job for next week. I'll go in armed with a mop, a hairdryer and seventeen bath sheets. If I never post again, you know what's happened...

Last night's tea was Two Chubby Cubs Tandoori Chicken burger again, a joint effort between Mr G and I.


A white roll (the only rolls I had in the freezer and I was not going out in this weather for the sake of a wholemeal bap), topped with a yogurt and mint raita, 15g of mango chutney, a tandoori marinated chicken breast, topped with a baked onion bhaji and more raita.

Because I'm making a concerted effort to eat less potato, which I am convinced is the devil for me, I whipped up some homemade savoury rice with what few veggies I had left over from the week. The whole dish weighs in at 5 syns and it was worth every one. A syn each for the chickpea flour in each bhaji. A syn for the curry paste. And - slightly indulgent I know, two syns for the mango chutney. But, knowing how the dish tastes, all the flavours together, I don't think it could be left out. Or should be left out, I should say.

Saturday (today): 
Tea: King Prawn Salad with new potatoes

Sunday: 
Tea: Lobscouse and red cabbage

Monday:
Tea: Pinch of Nom Cherry Coke Pulled pork with rice and salad

Tuesday: 
Tea: Pinch of Nom Jambalaya

Wednesday:
Tea: Pinch of Nom Keema Pie

Thursday: 
Tea: Diet Coke Chicken and Egg Fried Rice

Friday:
Tea: Singapore Chicken Noodles

Saturday:
Tea: Two Chubby Cubs Date Wrecking Garlic Beef (Mr G cooks!)

Sunday: 
Tea: (Me) Baked Salmon with Edamame Pasta (Mr G) Chicken Salad

Mr G spoke to our friend Martin in Wrexham today and he said that he went over to Queensway and that the pitch looked good, it wasn't holding any water, so fingers crossed for tomorrow. Today is the first day that I've felt remotely human this week, I've got my sense of taste and smell back, and I'm only slightly bunged up. Hopefully by tomorrow, I'll be right as rain.

Comments