Eats of the Week

Bit of a boring one this week, a short week, plus a very hurried meal plan thought up minutes before the food shop.

Tuesday - Pepsi Max Chicken with boiled rice

Also known as Diet Coke Chicken, this is the recipe from both the Pinch of Nom website (find that here) and their recipe book. Quick, simple, hits the spot. Shove whatever veggies you have in there, I used peppers, onions and mushrooms because it's all I had.



Wednesday - Quick Chicken Tacos (here) with Salad and Crunchy Seasoned Wedges (here)

Not one, but two of Nagi at RecipeTinEats recipes today. I've made the chicken before and it goes down a treat. I cook it in the slow cooker though, because I'm a bit wary when it comes to cooking chicken. I had bought some of the Old El Paso mini stand and stuff tortillas to go with this, because, in all honesty I am not a fan of the Weight Watchers wraps any more. They've shrunk in size. They either stick together in the pack, or if you're lucky enough to get them loose, they crack when you try to wrap them. That's if they don't turn green in the pack before you manage to eat them. Add to all that, they really do taste meh, they taste sweet to me? I don't know if they've changed the recipe but the only way I like them these days is when they're used as wrap pizzas or calzone.

I was going to make some rice to go with this, but then I happened across the recipe for the wedges and decided to blow three syns each on some olive oil to have proper, crispy wedges and not just sub par Frylight doused chunks of misery. Yes, I felt a little bit 'like that' yesterday.


Thursday - Quick Slimming World 'Fry' Up

It was meant to be Nagi's Sausage Curry tonight, but seeing as I blocked access to... everything in my pantry, and I really can't be bothered tonight, fry up it is.



Bacon, two Aldi Skinny Pork sausage, egg, mushrooms, baked beans, and fried vine tomato.

So, for the rest of the week...

Friday - Nagi's Sausage Curry with mashed potatoes

Saturday - Nando's Style Chicken, Nando's Style Rice and Salad

Sunday - Chicken Tikka Salad (Mr G) and Smoked Haddock (Me)

And I swear, if I don't lose the half a pound that I need to on Monday? Monday's tea will be looking very much like a kebab.

Comments