Well Done Mr G!

He only went and bloody did it, didn't he? The git. Just kidding (or am I...) Mr G, well done on your weight loss, three stone gone in sixteen, that's 16 weeks. Really proud of you, babe.

#fewmin

And did I do it? Did I lose the measly one and a half pounds that I needed to get my three stone certificate as well?

No. No I didn't. Not only that, but I managed to put one and a half pounds on! I managed to put on the exact amount that I wanted to lose!

Don't ask because I couldn't tell you. It's just made me all the more bloody determined for next week. I'm really cross because I've tried hard all week. I made a concerted effort to be prepared, to cook lovely meals from scratch. And it must have worked because Mr G has lost 2.5 lb. Sometimes it's hard to be a woman, eh?

Anyway, I was so gutted that I was going to miss out on my reward meal. Mr G gave me a good talking to and told me that the chances were when I got my 3 stone award, next week or the week after, I wouldn't end up going, as my brother and my parents would be away. Other people reckoned that my body might need a 'cheat meal'. So in the end, I thought f**k it. Life's too short. I have done amazingly well in such a short time. And so...

Voila!

I have been good, we both have. We have navigated this last sixteen weeks like a pair of bloody bosses.

a) Mr G was away from home and at his dying uncle's bedside for the second week of the plan - still lost weight that week. Plenty of ready to eat chicken and salad and jacket potatoes, and a million Whatsapp messages asking me for syn values of different things, but he managed it.
b) We attended the pastry and bread and cake-heavy funeral tea - we took SW friendly packed lunch with us in a coolbag and ate it discreetly in the car.
c) Easter came, and so did the insistence that my Mum give us both an Easter Egg, and not just a little one, no. One of the large ones. Each. ('You can have one as a treat, can't you?'). We both gave them away to the kids.
d) My birthday came, had a meal out, took salmon on a bed of rocket with cherry tomatoes and tenderstem broccoli. No dessert.
e) Was eternally grateful to my father who vetoed my mother buying me a birthday cake (I swear, she's a saboteur...) as 'She won't thank you for it'. So, no birthday cake.
f) Went for my brother's birthday meal, had the same salmon dish, and none of his birthday cake.
g) Attended every rugby match since 1st April, without our usual fish and chips beforehand, and...
h) ... not one drop of alcohol has passed my lips since then either!
i) Attended my aunt's 70th birthday party, took gammon and a jacket potato and refused cake.

There's probably loads more if I really thought about it, so I think I've earned one meal. As they say, it's one out of twenty one meals in a week, and it's not something I do every week. Some people have a cheat meal, some people have a cheat day - usually on their weigh day. Some people go out and drink every weekend, some drink every night. I don't trust myself to have a regular cheat meal, because a cheat meal becomes a cheat day (Well, I've already messed today up so I might as well have something naughty for tea, back on it tomorrow!) and that is the slippery slope to a cheat week and then me not turning up to weigh on a Monday morning.

I think the timing of my group is key too. Monday morning. There's no room there for pulling it back. Those who weigh on a Saturday morning can probably have a bit of a mad one, and then spend the rest of the week atoning for it.

Anyway, it's done, I was disappointed but it's a new week. I've had my treat, I savoured and enjoyed every darned mouthful of the thing (it's a limited edition menu item, and it's been missing for a year!) and a line has been drawn. This week ahead is meal-planned, including our Manchester visit.

Tuesday - Homemade Chicken Doner kebab with Tabbouleh and Salad and yogurt sauce.
Wednesday - Beefburger Salad
Thursday - Pork steaks with Crushed New Potatoes
Friday - Crack Chicken with Basmati Rice
Saturday - Cock and Bull (but made with pork and... er... pork, so Oink and Oink?) with long grain rice
Sunday - Nandos!

Disappointing day at the office yesterday for North Wales Crusaders. Very low attendance - probably down to being the first weekend of the school holidays. And we got nilled for the first time this season.

Meh


Next home fixture isn't until the 11th of August, so we will be at a loose end until then, and after that there's only one more home game this season. It seems to have gone so quickly, too quickly, and we haven't managed to get an away match in yet. We're hoping that we can con persuade someone to look after our little sods lovely well behaved children so that we can get a mucky overnighter for the last home game of the season, which - quite beautifully - is being played on a Saturday. Finally, will we be able to go to The Fat Boar after the game with our friends and the team? Time will tell...

Comments