Donkey Flowers

Two and a half stone down! Both of us hit that on Monday, because we do like to do everything together, don't we? Still a long, long way to go yet, but I feel great, I love the food we are eating. Feel really positive and I love getting those certificates! I'm running out of kitchen cupboard doors to use... especially with two of us receiving them! Mr G also got Slimmer of the Week. Again. I'm really proud of him, and I am so grateful of his support in this.

Woop! Go us!

We had a fab afternoon in Wrexham on Sunday, where we played Workington. There was an atmosphere at Queensway that I hadn't experienced in a long time, if ever. Three drums, plenty of singing, the weather was stunning and we got the win! Another bloody win, the third in a row, and three really good teams too. We played absolutely amazingly, probably the best performance I have ever seen from my beloved Cru. The place was rocking, and I had a huge smile on my face all the way home.

Well played lads!

It's Oldham away this weekend, and I really would have liked to have gone, because it's an away match that we could have attended and not had to book a hotel room. But, Mr G is away, and he's not back until Saturday as it is. Plus...

Tyres or Testicles, folks, I bring you Tyres or Testicles updated for 2019.

And as standard, it happens just before we need the car. Or rather, before Mr G needed the car. His Christmas present from me last year, going to watch KISS on their End of the Road World Tour. Supposedly their final tour ever (but we all remember what happened with Simply Red, don't we...) and so he, his childhood best friend, his cousin and son are making the trek into Manchester today, for a few beers and the concert.

Anyway, the day before yesterday, I had sent him to Screwfix for some paint, and he thought that he would fill up the car in Asda while he was in town. Filled the car up... car wouldn't start. Starter motor knackered. Thankfully once he was recovered by the RAC, and taken to the garage that we use, they said that they would have the job done first thing for him to leave yesterday. And they did, to be fair.

So, I have one more night of peace. One more night of starfishing in bed. One more night of listening to early nineties rave music and not watching television.

The next home match is against Doncaster next weekend, so I am more than ready for that. We've already beaten them once this season, at their ground, so they are going to be out to avenge that 10 - 12 defeat.



And as for the title of the post? Donkey Flowers? Wtf, do I hear you ask? Well! Who else could it be, but Mr G.

Requested beef burger with a salad for his tea. Then he asks... can you make me some of your homemade wedges to go with it? I'd sooner do without than have wedges, but I love him, so yes, fine...

So, once our tea is cooked, we're sat down and the first thing that I eat is one of the potato wedges. As I'm chewing it, he says this...

Mr G: Do your donkey flowers taste nice?

Well, how I didn't choke on it I'll never know. We were both laughing so hard. I was crying, my specs were all steamed up, I had to clean the tears away from them twice.

I told him that I was putting him into a home...

Comments