Tacla Taid

Mr G's second day out this week was to Tacla Taid - or The Anglesey Transport Museum. He has wanted to pay this place a visit for years, and although I have to admit, I didn't think it would be my cup of tea... I really enjoyed it. My only regret is that we hadn't visited sooner. 

The place was well laid out, with hand sanitiser provided on entry, details taken for track and trace, and a one way system through the inside museums. The girls on the cafe counter were both really friendly and helpful, told us where we would exit the museum, and off we went. 

Upstairs was a floor full of motorbikes. Mr G took a photograph of me with a Sinclair C5. As I was looking through his pictures, I squinted at it. 

Me: Oh my God, have I got a cameltoe in that photo of me and the C5?

Mr G: *shrugs*

Me: Please tell me I wasn't walking around looking like that all day.

And, dear readers, you will be glad to hear that I wasn't walking around with a cameltoe all day. No. Because upon zooming in on my crotch (it's not easy being me), it appears that instead, I've been walking around all day with what looks like a penis. Not even joking, seems my jeans are so baggy around my crotch, that it looks like I'm packing a massive wanger. Massive. I'll say it again. It's not easy being me :-(

I could cry. It's one of the only pics of me of the day where the wind hasn't blown my fringe off my forehead, showing all my wrinkles. Anyway. Back to the museum. 


This is the view from the upper floor, of all the cars on display. That's me stating the bleedin' obvious there for you :-) Really Shell? I thought they were dolphins and otters...




Repressed childhood traumas came back to haunt me, as I saw this little beauty. The Mini Van. Memories of a 300 mile journey to Devon, shoved in the back, no seatbelt, hell - no seat even, ricocheting around the back like a bullet with only a spare tyre, petrol can, cushion and a blanket for company. In the words of Calvin Harris - it was acceptable in the 80s. 


This is a big red car (I don't know, ok? I don't drive). 



You just watch. This will be the next thing he wants. A plane...

He didn't believe me when I told him I was taking him out...


This was my favourite vehicle in the museum, a bus from the 1930's. We had a chat with the owner, who was such a lovely man, and when he asked which one I was taking home and I said the bus, he said I could go on and take a look inside. This is hired out for weddings, which I think is lovely. The last two weddings we've been to have used old buses like this to transport guests to the receptions. 


Nee naw...


... and another...




Ahhhh, that brings back memories. Where 85% of my teenage love affairs were conducted. My father was probably the only British Telecom engineer in the entire country who didn't have a landline in his own house. Until his kids grew up and left home...


This, Mr G reliably informs me, is a Leyland 680 engine, and was the first engine he worked on when he was an apprentice in Leyland Motors. He may have even worked on this actual engine. 

We had taken a small lunch with us, but when we were paying for admission in the cafe area, oh my God the cakes? There was one, a caramel one that had my name on it, and once we had finished our look around, we went and had coffee and a cake. 


Four. Layers. Of. Cake. It was every bit as delicious as it looks. I nearly went back for another slice. But, no, it was a nice treat, and it's back on plan straight away. 

We then went for a little drive, parked up in Aberffraw to have our BLT roll, and then we drove on to Rhosneigr as Mr G had never been there before. Had a nice walk along the beach. It was quite busy too. 


  


So - another fantastic day out with the boss, hopefully we can get a few more outdoorsy ones in the coming weeks, I think next week is looking like a complete washout, but that could all change in the next couple days. I've got a few more ideas of places that we can go to. I don't mind if it's cold, but I don't fancy a soaking! 

Comments