Plas Cadnant Hidden Gardens

Our first day out this week was Plas Cadnant Hidden Gardens, which we've never been to before, despite being right on our doorstep. I made us lunch to take with us and off we went when it opened at noon. It had been foggy all morning but it soon lifted once we arrived. 

I still wouldn't tell him where we were going. Do I need petrol? Is it on the island? Will I need the sat nav? No, love, you've got me, your sat nag ;-)










































We also had a little robin following us, he hopped into a hedge and Mr G missed him. So, while we were walking back to the car, we spotted one (same one?) in a flower bush.


What I hadn't realised, was that on our first walk around the gardens, I had stopped to take a picture of the same flowers, because it was swarming with bees and butterflies. Once home, I zoomed in on the butterfly, and lo and behold...


So, all in all a lovely couple of hours spent. My legs and shins are aching because a lot of it is quite steep to navigate, and we walked around the whole place twice, once at leisure taking photographs and another taking the alternative route that we hadn't taken before. Despite the amount of people there it was lovely and peaceful, and as Mr G said, you could have been anywhere in the country. To think this gem has been on our doorstep all this time. 

Comments