Baked Oats

Day three on plan, we are both super determined to get a cracking weight loss this week. We just have to take it one week at a time right now, because God only knows how long group will be open for. But preparedness is key, and I have some semblance of a plan this week (at least). 

I made some baked oats this morning to take with us on our day out - and some for the freezer. Three of these little beauties use your Healthy Extra B for the day - or you could make a larger one (but that takes some eating, trust me!). Definitely more filling though than a bowl of porridge, or the equivalent amount of bread. 

I used Slimming Eats basic recipe that she uses in all her baked oats (it's the one used in this recipe); oats, yogurt, egg, baking powder, some form of sweetener, and then whatever filling you want. 

I made Strawberry and Marshmallow - fresh strawberries and mini marshmallows - they didn't need any extra sweetener then. Pineapple Upside Down - which had a teaspoon of Sweet Freedom Caramel syrup (tastes very similar to maple syrup) in the bottom, so it seeped into the 'sponge'. And the final batch, I used sultanas, flavoured them with mixed spice and to sweeten I used Sweet Freedom Gingerbread syrup. Tasted like autumn ;-) Tomorrow, if I have time, I want to make some Lemon Curd ones, I have lemon flavoured Greek style yogurts that I can use to make them extra lemony. 

Tea tonight was our ready prepped pasta bake, which I served with a salad and fresh beetroot and tomatoes from the garden. 

Tomorrow we have risotto on the list for tea, chicken and chorizo, with a salad. Something simple as the plan tomorrow is that we both do some gardening while the weather is promising nice again. Give the grass and the hedges a cut in the back as they have sprung up something crazy after the rain we've had the last couple of weeks. Add in a week of sunshine and it's gone haywire, brambles springing out here, there and everywhere. Friday we are having the Tandoori Chicken burger, Saturday is Pulled Pork and on Sunday it's Chicken Shawarma with salad and tortillas. 

Comments