Lurching towards lockdown?

With news that three more counties are under lockdown in Wales from tomorrow, making 60% of the country, it's only a matter of time, surely? There's still a watchful eye being kept on Anglesey, Conwy, Denbighshire and Flintshire. 

Tonight's tea was the divine Prawn Mango Avocado Summer Salad. Mr G wolfed his down and told me that he had been looking forward to it all week. Not bad for someone who wouldn't entertain the thought of fruit with savoury food!

I managed to stab a knife into my hand while trying to remove the avocado pit. You know how awkward those buggers ordinarily are to get out, right? Well, tonight, the avocado pit flew out on impact with the knife, ended up on the floor, and the knife ended up embedded in my hand, instead. Thankfully there was no blood, but I did go a bit woozy and I have a tiny red sore on the palm of my hand. Mr G just kept repeating Don't look at it, don't look at it. Nice to see 19 months of CBT actually accomplished something, because in the past I probably would have been out cold after doing that.

Made some homemade pizzas for the children; pepperoni, salami and chorizo. Cried as I sliced it up...

So the pizzas didn't make it as far as the freezer but these babies did. Apple and Sultana Crumbles. I was nearly crying as I froze them though. But, the scales weren't looking too good this morning, not helped by the triple layer caramel cake that I baked on Wednesday night, so I figured I might be pushing my luck somewhat in having two calorific homemade desserts in a week. So I made sure that I froze them unbaked too, because I'm not above putting the whole bloody thing in the microwave on full.  

I'll have it tomorrow night instead after my pie.

I'm not even joking... in for a penny.

That's as far as I got today, my back is still playing up, although thankfully not as bad as yesterday. I had a red hot Epsom salts bath earlier which seemed to help a teeny bit. Hopefully a decent night's sleep and I will be right as rain tomorrow :-) 

Comments