Busier Week and Cake Day #3

Birthday 3 of 4, and in keeping, here's a cute photograph of the other boy, who has turned 17 today. He was such a good baby, so good it was unbelievable. He has battled with numerous health issues, a global developmental delay where we were told he wouldn't walk or sit up unaided, joint hypermobility syndrome, speech delay, ASD to name but a few of the things, and he has never once complained about anything. I'm really proud of the young man he has become. The only reason that he doesn't walk is that - quite simply - he can't be arsed leaving the house. Happy Birthday mate. 


As you can see, he was longer than a fortnight when he was born too. All legs and arms, bless him. 

I thought it would be much harder getting back into a routine than it has been. But all has gone quite well this week. The hardest part has been getting my head around who is in and when. How many times last year I woke the girl up on her day off (sorry!). The boy is always in. The other boy is in every day apart from Thursday - but on alternate weeks. The girl is in two days, off two days and online for one day. Thankfully this has made mornings a little easier to navigate, especially the bathroom - the girl has a bath in the evenings so she only has to put her head on. The other boy has long, long hair and so has to shower every morning as he has inherited my greasy-by-the-evening hair, and the boy is two minutes in and out with short hair. Packed lunches are the only pain, and soon enough I'll be making them at night for the next day. 

I've been under the weather this week. Full of cold, there was snot everywhere, and I felt like death warmed up, so I didn't go to Slimming World. Figured it was best not to spread any more germs than were already floating around right now. 

Not looking forward to going on Monday, mind you. Because I have been an absolute shit all week. As you are when you're not feeling well. And come yesterday afternoon, after having to trek into town to the bank to order a new debit card for my son, filling in all manner of forms on their behalf, chasing up paperwork, I just fancied fish and chips. And so fish and chips we had. 


I think it's one of the best chippies around, our local. I do love my Everland but you can't fault this place and the chips are always bang on. The fish is lush too. 

My boys looked really smart in their new uniforms. And tall. I managed to get a photograph taken with them but I look simple in it. And small. And pissed. 


Mr G: Stop looking simple
Me: ...


Fared slightly better with the old selfie... 

Looks like the shit is about to hit the fan again, doesn't it? Mark Drakeford has followed Boris's lead today by sticking to the rule of 6. Well, my view on it is this...


Oh, and...


I'm wondering what kind of a Christmas we'll have this year. Still haven't seen my eldest since all of this kicked off. Don't know if Mr G will be rostered in to work Christmas day or not. If he does, we'll simply shift Christmas to the next day, it's no big deal, is it? To be perfectly honest with you, as long as I have my family around me, get some sort of a dinner and a bottle of wine, I'm happy. I don't need presents. Speaking of wine, there has been a corker of an offer on in Morrisons the last couple of weeks, one of those meal deals for £12, but for a wonder - this time - there's been plenty of stuff we like in it, and plenty of wine available. Two mains, two sides, a dessert and a bottle of wine for £12. I've taken advantage of three lots, froze all the meals and desserts and have put the wines in my Christmas stash. I've got a nice Soave, a rose and a bottle of Prosecco. If the offer is still on when I go next week, I'll pick up another lot with a bottle of red. They only had Rioja there, which isn't my favourite red to be honest, I'm quite firmly a Shiraz girl, a Cab Sauv at a push, but there is a level of drunk that I get to that I'd drink my own piss, so... 

I've also got a new favourite group. They're called Two Another and I have fallen in love with their music and the lead singer's voice. This is my current favourite of theirs. It's called Hoping You Changed. Absolutely sublime. Listen to it, you can thank me later. I've got it on repeat, I don't even care if it earworms me. I've had worse after all...#sonsanddaughters


I've just found out that they're touring next year. Tickets are reasonable, £11 I think. Problem is, it's in London, and they're only in London for one date up to now. We could get a half price hotel too. It's just that train fares are astronomical, we definitely wouldn't drive to London, it's not a city we're familiar with. We must have accidentally strayed into a bus lane in Manchester, because the street that the sat nav was taking us down was closed due to roadworks. Mr G was flapping asking 'Which way now?' and of course I didn't know. Couple of days after we got home, we had a fine in the post with a photograph of us at the part of the city where we were lost. So, we would have no chance in London. Also, I don't know if the concert will even be on. It's a shame because it's close to Mr G's birthday and our anniversary, and it would have been a nice treat. We'll see. I might decide last minute, if the funds are available for a train and the concert is still on. 

More good news is that football is back tomorrow. Saturdays are go! I've made my donation ready to Paddy Power, I've had a free £5 bet on the Liverpool v Leeds match, so that's another bet down. I've gone for Liverpool win and over 4.5 goals in the match. Bet that will be a feisty one. 

And my last bit of news is that I've also been busy this week and finally posted a monthly tarot reading for all the zodiac signs. It has taken me five days. I've titled them Almost Personal - because, they pretty much are. They all tell a story too specific to be a general read, so they probably won't resonate with many people. Unless, of course, it's your story. The readings are for Sun, Moon, Rising and Venus signs. I'm Taurus Sun, Cancer Rising and Libra Moon and I find a lot of the time, that my Cancer horoscope is much more accurate. 

However, I'm a firm believer that each of these readings have a message for someone out there, and that the person who needs to see it will be led to it, at the right time. Although the readings are dated, they are timeless and can be read at any point. I will try and do a more general read, but to be perfectly honest, I can only read what comes out in the cards. I am planning on doing a Soulmates in Separation type reading next, because this seems to be popular. People wondering if they will reunite with someone they're apart from. I also want to do a yearly forecast for every zodiac sign for 2021. So, if you are interested in tarot and oracle cards, if that's your bag, you can find the readings here - or for the individual signs, you can click on the links below. Don't forget to bookmark and check back regularly for newer readings, I will try and put new content out every week, in some form. 


Comments