Curried Out

Another busy batch cooking day today. I didn't get everything on my list done, but I can do a few bits tomorrow. I managed to get my curry base sauce made and I had a little curry production line going by this afternoon.

I made a Chicken Saag, Chicken Madras and decided to make a Chicken Tikka Bhuna instead of the Rogan Josh. I also have enough base sauce for another three curries. I've seen a nice recipe for Methi Chicken in Dan Toombs cookbook, and I also want to make Pinch of Nom's Garlic Chicken Balti too. I will cook those on Sunday or Monday. That should be enough curry to keep us going for two to three weeks. 


Also made Mr G's favourite vegetable soup - we had some for lunch, one of the perks of a batch cooking day, plenty of food around to eat as you go along. And a double slow cooker of lobscouse for the freezer too. That will do on a cold, cold day with plenty of red cabbage on top. 

Even better, all of the above foods are syn free and absolutely full of speed. The curry base sauce is nothing but onions, tomatoes, carrots, peppers and spices. 

Tea tonight was hotdogs and chips, and the way I get around the bread is to use a 60g brown roll. Slice it in half from the top down, turn on their side and split them again like a hotdog roll. Voila! Two hotdogs, one bread allowance. Not just for hats ;-) 

Tomorrow I will attempt to make the cheese and bacon turnovers and homemade pizzas at least, and tea is Tatws Popdy which will look after itself on low in the oven. Planning on doing very little else tomorrow; quick hoover around, wash their school uniforms, put my football bets on and then I'll spend the afternoon with Jeff Stelling and some munch.

Final word for today goes to this, which tickled me. If you're Welsh, you'll know... ;-) 


Comments