Busy Week - recap!

Wow, what a hectic week. We had a lovely (if moist) day out on Wednesday. You know when you wake up and you just know it's going to be a good day? I woke at 6, and while I was in the bathroom, which is at the back of the house where the sun rises, there were what I call dramatic skies, through the frosted bathroom window. I quickly dressed and rushed downstairs to take a picture. As I opened the blinds at the bottom of the stairs I did a double take. A beautiful rainbow. Bear in mind, my phone doesn't capture colours like I wish it would.




With only one child in tow, admittedly the most expensive child (he grabbed his pillow and slept the whole way there and back) we left quite early.


We parked up in Eagles Meadow and made a beeline for the butcher's market (Father forgive me for I have synned this week). Got our pastry delights and then my sister in law rang to say they'd arrived. Went to meet them, went trainer hunting in JD and then Sports Direct, and I went to the new age shop. Mr G spoiled me with a new pendulum and a new crystal.


Again, my phone doesn't do the colours justice. The crystal is absolutely stunning. The lady who owns the shop did tell me what it was but I can't remember, I should have written it down.

We went for our fish and chips. The restaurant still isn't eat in, so we took them back to the car. Fish, chips and my carton of gravy. Yes, I bring cutlery with me. I'm a heathen, but not a total heathen, like.


Picked up the rest of our bits and bobs, got absolutely drenched, it was peeing down, we were all soaked to the skin. I also had a new dress and shoes and some new nail varnishes. Oh God, and a table, to do my tarot readings on. I was so spoiled. 






Mr G picked up some more of the bottle lights and did the gin bottles from our daughter's birthday. They look really pretty. And the table is lovely too, I might pick up a couple more the next time we go, they had all different table tops, really different. 

Thursday... Hay House had a sale. That's all I'm going to say on the matter, a picture tells a thousand words.


I have banned myself from buying any more decks now until maybe Christmas. If someone wants to buy me a deck for Christmas, then that's fine. But Hay House had a sale, a half price sale, it would have been a travesty to have left them there at the price I paid. It's a good job he adores me.

Friday... saw the boy go off to sixth form. And he had a bit of good news, he did end up getting a place on the computer game design course that he had applied for. Considering it's what he has spent the last four or five years of his life doing in his bedroom, creating his own playable computer games, I'm really glad for him.  


To be honest, it was nice to see him dressed in something other than a onesie, which has been his default style since school closed down in March. No word of a lie, I think he has dressed three times since March, once to go and see my parents on Father's Day, once on his sister's birthday and then when he went to pick his GCSE results up at school. 

Last night I made us both a nice steak dinner, with onions, mushrooms, oven chips, fried tomato and coleslaw. It was bloody good too.


More beautiful skies this morning and a lovely breakfast for us all while watching the NRL games on Sky Sports. Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado and Tomato rolls. 




Also started my big autumn clean on Thursday, doing it piece by piece, a little every day, because I have a habit of pulling too much to my head in one go. The kitchen has copped it. I've sorted out all of the cupboards and drawers. I've cleaned the tops of the kitchen cupboards, soaked my Maneki Neko in boiling hot water. Today, I have soaked the oven racks in one of those cleaning bags, and while I had an empty washing machine, I ran a sachet of descaler through it on a 60 degree wash. Tomorrow I will clean the inside of the oven. It isn't too bad, thankfully, but bad enough. That's what happens when you cook a lot, right? So, having rendered the oven out of action for two days, tonight's tea is Chicken Tikka Masala with basmati rice, and a slow cooker chicken casserole for tomorrow. I'll make it a nice hearty stew, glass of red wine banged in and some pearl barley too. That will have to do, like it or lump it. 

Mr G is having his pre shift sleep, or he's probably trying very hard to. There's a helicopter that keeps circling above. And every Saturday afternoon, without fail, hail, rain or shine, the ice cream man drives up with the loudest chimes I've ever heard. He hasn't been yet, but no doubt he is on his way. 

There we have it, the conclusion of my busy week. One more child left to get back to school, I think it's Tuesday for him. He tried his uniform on and looked really smart. I really don't like the old style uniforms of polo shirts and sweatshirts. They're fine for primary school I suppose, but they didn't half look scruffy on these older kids. They look so much smarter in a shirt and tie. Yes, I'm turning into my mother :-) 

Comments