September! Woop!

New page on the calendar today :-) A nice chill in the air too, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I made a Shepherd's Pie in honour of the occasion. As far as I'm concerned, it's autumn now, so that means comfort foods and carbs, and there's nothing more autumny (is it a word? It is now) than Shepherd's Pie. 

Had a slow day today. Mr G finished his set of shifts this morning. We took the girl to college for her induction onto her music course. Popped to Asda to fill the car up, came home, Mr G cleaned his car (which was filthier than me, and that's saying something). Then Mum came up for a catch up and to fill me in on the latest family tree goings on. I've no idea what or who she is going on about further up the tree than my grandparents, but she is really into it. 

I've made my shopping list ready for tomorrow, measured all the kids, jotted their sizes down. Hopefully I can get them all sorted for school tomorrow. Thankfully (in the nicest possible way) the girl doesn't want to come with us. This is going to save me a lot of money. However, the boy. The boy needs everything from a pencil case to new trainers. This is going to cost me a lot of money. Thankfully his brother, who couldn't give a flying one about anything, and would go to school in a onesie if he could, said that he would use all his old stuff again this year. To him, a bag is a bag, as long as it zips up. He also has brand new Skechers that he has only worn about twice since I bought them for him last September. Every year I buy him a new pencil case, and fill it with all manner of stuff, pens, pencils, highlighters and by October, he is going to school with one pen in his trouser pocket so this year I'll just leave him to it and save my money.

Bed now, early start in the morning. Looking forward to seeing my in laws, I think it's the first time we've seen them this year. And Mr G is looking forward to a whole day of...


Where I will lose my purse, my keys, my car keys (and I don't even drive), my iPod, my vape, my e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g over the course of the day. Repeatedly. I swear, he has the patience of a bloody saint. 

Comments