Fantastic week

Quick recap of the rest of last week. Had a nice evening last night with Steve and his former workmate, who came round for the football. The Hostess with the Mostess (me, by the way, that's me) made everyone Chicken Shawarma kebabs, followed by warm triple chocolate brownies and ice cream. It's a good job we've put a shift in walking this week, I just hope it's enough to warrant a weight loss, no matter how small. 


The brownies were absolutely lovely, as they should be considering they had over a pound of chocolate in them. 300g dark, 100g milk and 100g white. Ye Gods they were rich. But so delicious.


The football was disappointing. Always the way when things get hyped up, isn't it? England were lacklustre, Scotland were the far better team and overall Wales have played better, in my opinion. I think the guys enjoyed their food though, and Guinness!


Cru played away this weekend at West Wales Raiders and won convincingly 10-60. Just as well really after last week's disappointment. We didn't make it to Colwyn Bay today, we were a little tired and slightly hungover, so we left it. Anglesey got a win too, which is good for them. 








These pictures were taken a couple of nights ago, I've never seen the straits so calm and still. Stunning. 

Mr G got his surprise yesterday, I put in an order from Greenhalgh's bakery again, like I did last year as a part Father's Day/part anniversary gift. I also ordered a couple for our friend too. They're in the freezer, to lessen the temptation of eating them all in one go. Like we did last year. 


It's a box, full of pies. We bad. In other news I am #wifegoals

He has chosen steak for his Father's Day meal, so I got Big Daddy rump steaks for him, me and the boy. The other one won't entertain steak. Steak, fried onions, mushrooms, Pembroke new potatoes, mushy peas and a little side salad. 

Will pop and see my father early tomorrow morning so it frees up the rest of the day to thoroughly spoil this man of mine. Got him some nice gifts from the children. Probably get a walk in too. 


It was glorious yesterday when we went out for our walk, and there was a solitary duck sunbathing on the bowling green. Had it not been for the groundskeeper tending further up, I might have got down and joined it. 


He went over the wall and disappeared from view for a while and came back with this beautiful shot of the bridge. 

Ahead of us we have his final week off before he starts his new job. And naturally it's promising rain and very little else. If it's not raining too hard, we will get out. Every time we plan something, the weather seems to get in the way. This week, at least, there's no distractions in the form of appointments or parcels or anything. I know he wants to do the coastal path on this side of the island, and I want to carry on a little further and go down to where he proposed to me, the scene of the crime. It's 22 years together for us on Friday, so maybe it would be nice to do it then, pack a nice picnic for the two of us and spend the day walking miles.  

I'm really on a high right now, we both are. Despite everything that's going on around us, we've managed to find a balance and find things that make us both happy. We're blessed with amazing family and friends, beautiful places to walk around every day, food in the cupboards. A wonderful new opportunity ahead for him with his new job, and he is so looking forward to it, and I'm looking forward to finding a new role in life for myself too, now the children are growing up. It's all good :-) 

Comments