Hump Day Update

The mood is flat and quite sombre at home. I think we've become so jaded by these lockdowns and restrictions, so used to it now, that the facts and figures stopped having the same shocking effect on us as they did at the start. Back when this was new, and it was frightening. Now, we're almost seasoned professionals. Slightest whiff of restrictions and we're off out making sure we've got enough food (and alcohol) for a fortnight. I've got friends and family working in the NHS who are bracing themselves for this weekend, when they say that the impact of the Christmas mixing will hit. Friends in different countries going through the same worries of lockdowns, and how they will pay their bills. A close friend in Wrexham sent me a link the other day showing the alarming rise there, specifically in a village quite close to her, and she's really worried. Anglesey's figures are on the rise too. It's bloody frightening. It's estimated that 1 in 50 people in England currently have this virus, which is a pretty sobering figure.

I've taken a couple of days 'off' in the name of self care. I haven't been feeling great, if I'm honest, I seem to have this headache that won't shift, it's not bad, but it's bad enough to notice that it's there permanently. I can't put my finger on whether I'm coming down with something or if it's merely a post-Christmas slump. I get like this post-anything. Post holiday, post big birthday, post Christmas, it's like once it's all over, and the adrenaline dies down, I just grind to a halt. But I've cooked healthy meals, listened to music, entered tons of competitions, I've read, had power naps in the afternoon and basically chilled out. The kids have been busy with their online lessons and appear to be coping well with them, the teachers have all been fantastic so far, and have been realistic in the amount of work they are setting. I've written a small shopping list for tomorrow and a further seven days of meal plans starting next Monday. 

I also had my first competition win today! A nice little win that I can put aside for one of my children for next Christmas. I didn't have one win in 2020, and only one small win in 2019. It's been a barren couple of years, but hopefully this will kick start my winning ways again.

Tea tonight was the Chicken Shawarma with salad and tortilla wraps...


I didn't bother putting them on skewers today, much less faff. Last night I made Crying Tiger Beef from the second PON book, with a version of the Orzo salad from the third PON book, using what I had in. I used rib eye steaks from Morrisons and they were melt in the mouth tender. I think I could eat the tomato dressing from a spoon, it's so good.


Tomorrow the plan is to try the Campfire Stew, finally and we'll have that with jacket potato and salad. 

Looking forward to my next two wins, they've always came in threes, minimum, sometimes even fours for me.  

Comments