Random Day, Marchtember 54th

Despite there being so much on my list to get through yesterday, the day didn't go to plan. How the hell does the day not go to plan, when you're in lockdown??

It was our year's anniversary yesterday at Slimming World. We got ourselves ready for our first official Zoom Slimming World group, which was awesome. Lovely to see all our friends there. I even had a shower, got dressed and put my head on for the occasion. Mr G, however, well, Mr G wore a mankini. Borat style. Raised a few smiles anyway. 

Our consultant mentioned Body Magic, which, for those of you in the know is SW's term for exercise. This was met with a wall of silence, and for some unknown reason, I blurted out that I committed to an hour on the treadmill every day for a solid week. So, I grabbed my iPod, and I did it. Bearing in mind that I have managed to navigate Slimming World, and get a 89.5 lb weight loss in that time by avoiding anything that remotely raises my pulse rate. I don't know what possessed me to do that. 

I guess I'm hoping that it becomes a habit. Being on lockdown, following the plan isn't going to be quite as easy. Journeys to the supermarket are meant to be for essential items only, and while fresh fruit and veg is vital, we don't want to make unnecessary journeys when we have food in. Might not be speed food but it is free food. We also have access to an unprecedented amount of snacks (although, the way these kids are going through them, they won't last longer than another couple of weeks). So anything extra I can burn while I'm in the house, has to be a good thing. Any other week, I would have looked at my weight and thought, a pound and a half to my next award. Two and a half to be eleven stone something, a weight I haven't been since I met Steve in 1999. And I would have pushed myself all week to get at least one of them. Now, I'm not so sure, I'm not so confident. It is getting harder and harder, the smaller I get. 

Last night's tea, for example, the Firecracker Prawns. It was a Pinch of Nom recipe, not Two Chubby Cubs, as I'd thought. I don't know how it slipped through the net, but I'd managed to slip a recipe into the meal plan, that I didn't have 75% of the ingredients for. So, I had to improvise; the recipe called for red peppers, mangetout, baby sweet corn and spring onions. I shoved in a good handful of frozen sliced peppers, celery, frozen sweet corn and a sliced white onion. Mr G doesn't like celery or sweet corn. It was still nice, and being prawn, if it swims, it slims!

 
I knew the children wouldn't entertain it, so last night they had their choice of frozen junk food. The boys opted for spicy chicken wraps with salad and chips, and the girl had spicy chicken wraps with salad and noodles. 

Once I had done my hour on the treadmill, Mr G was giving me doe eyes, he was hungry. So I made us lunch, he had the leftover pulled pork from Sunday on a brown roll, and I had poached egg on toast. And then I flagged and fell asleep. When I woke up I was like a wet flannel, didn't know what day it was, what year it was, what my name was... children were milling in and out asking what was for tea... so suffice it to say that no additional cooking or baking took place yesterday. Before I knew, it was time for bed. 

Suffice to say, this morning I am aching. My knee is killing me for the first time in ages. I'm determined to be more productive today, though. So, I am going to take a couple of ibuprofen, get my hour walk out of the way early, and today I will bake, and I will make an extra dish for the freezer. I know the children won't eat what we are making tonight, nor tomorrow night for that matter, so I may dig out some puff pastry and sausagemeat from the freezer, and the youngest can do some cooking for him and the others today. Watch this space. I may be asleep again by 10 am.

    

Comments