And Hello 2020!

Happy New Year! This New Year's Day has been something of a novelty. For one, because I went to bed sober, I woke up hangover free. And no New Year's dinner today, as Mr G is still on nights, the last night of his shift is tonight. I've roasted a leg of lamb and prepped all the veggies ready for our belated New Year's dinner tomorrow. It was actually the first New Year's Eve we've been apart since 1999 going into 2000. I had the pleasure of his company until about half past ten though, so it wasn't too bad. I was in bed at four minutes past midnight. My son got in at five past eight this morning, and how he managed to walk home is beyond me, because he bounced off every wall in the hallway going up to bed.


I did manage to make a nice pan of soup from the new Pinch of Nom cookbook, think it was called Spring Vegetable soup. The most important thing is that it used up a load of leftovers. Tea tonight was the pasta bake that everyone likes. The lads had pepperoni, and Mr G and I had a slightly bastardised version of Two Chubby Cubs Ham and Pineapple one. Again, I used up a load of veggies that were about to go, and our pasta bake had bacon, mushrooms, peppers, onions, pineapple and jalapenos in. Really tasty and filling.


Before he went to work, we were looking through old photographs from the last decade and I realised how much of a mixed one it has been. We've had some hard times, some sad times, really sad times, but also some brilliant ones too. We've had wonderful holidays, camping trips with our best friends, days out with the children, some fabulous experiences like the penthouse in Liverpool and the private box in the Echo Arena to watch Dancing on Ice. The Brit Awards. We've been to some brilliant concerts. We've snuck away for mucky overnighters together ;-) We've been to weddings, funerals, christenings, and parties. We've lost friends in tragic ways and we've also found our tribe in Wrexham and are part of the Cru family. We've made wonderful friends through both the rugby and Slimming World. We've lost loads of weight together. And - best of all - we're still madly in love with each other. 

Back in 2010, coming up to ten years in nineteen days time, I lost my childhood best friend Emma to cancer. Merely seven months younger than me, that was and continues to be a bitter pill to swallow, still to this day I miss her. Always the voice of reason and every time I've had a dilemma I always try and imagine what she would advise me to do, or what she would say to talk me down. 

Not resolutions as such but my goals this year are to get more organised, start getting out more and enjoying life again, and the main one, I want to be at my target weight for the 31st December 2020. I've got this #likeaboss ;-) 


Comments