End of Season Awards

We were doing so well, too (ok, apart from the fish and chips) and just as we were ready to go, Mr G asked 'Fancy one in the hotel bar before we go?'


We scrub up ok, I suppose. Although the amount of grey hair I have now is shocking, in the light of the hotel room, they look like blonde highlights. Or at least, that's what I'm telling myself. Yeah, so anyways. Just the one in the hotel bar...


Those were the one... the specific ones...

And then it all went downhill from there. That being said, what an absolutely bloody amazing night it was too. 


This was taken at the end of the night. I don't know why I don't have a trophy. But I do have about thirty photographs on my phone with Kenny Baker, who has sadly left us to go to play for Widnes next season. I was absolutely half cut at this point. I was full cut, if I'm honest. How Mr G got me back to the hotel, is beyond me. My step count for the day was over 12,000 anyway. Two forward, five back, taking in every bush and hedge from the Maesgwyn back to the Ramada. The man has the patience of a bloody saint. 

The hotel was nice, I do like the Ramada, although I'm a big fan of Premier Inn and I don't think you can beat the Premier Inn bed, the Ramada do have nice little touches. And an amazing shower. 


The works, robes, slippers, toiletries, Lindt chocolates. Bloody Lindt chocolates, for God's sake. I worked out they're about 4 syns each. I've eaten one. Chocolate, that is, not box.

Why would they do this to me?

We were able to check in early as our room was ready, and we walked into town for a mooch around the shops. Mr G needed new shoes and a shirt for an interview and we figured Wrexham would have better choice than Bangor. It turns out that shopping with Mr G for shoes is second only in torture to trainer shopping with Adam. Deichmann. Primark. JD Sports. Sports Direct. Tesco. And then back to Deichmann. Likewise shirt shopping. 

We found a shirt in Tesco. Which we have in Bangor. Thankfully, Everland is only over the road from Tesco, so we went for our early tea.



I pinched some of his gravy for my fish and chips because I'm a skank and he only has a drizzle on his chips :-) 

We had a lovely breakfast the morning after, although I was feeling a tad delicate...


Truth be told, I had a two day hangover. I cannot remember the last time I had a two day hangover. Always the sign of a good night, I guess?

Anyway, we had something on on Monday morning, so we missed weigh in and went to Llanfair on Tuesday, to find that we'd gained half a pound each. Not too bad considering. 

In other news, Mr G has a new job. He was called to be offered an interview last Friday, interviewed Monday morning (hence missing SW), received a phone call on Friday to ask him to come in for a second interview that day, and on Friday afternoon they called to offer him the job! He starts next Friday, and he's really looking forward to it. It's completely different to anything that he's ever done before, but I have no doubt in my mind that he can rise to the challenge. My wonderful husband can turn his hand to anything. I'm so proud of him. 

I'm trying to fill my freezer up with meals, but at soon as I'm cooking them, we're eating them. Not only because of the new job, and I'll need to be organised, but NaNoWriMo is merely twenty days away, and this means - no housework, very little cooking for thirty days. And then it will be Christmas. I'm not organised this year, at all, I'm either all bought and wrapped by now, or I'm last minute. Looks like this year will be last minute. It's so difficult now the children are older, I might just give them money and be done with it. 

Comments