There's snow in them thar hills...

Birthday t-minus five days. I feel cheated out of a year of my life, anyone else? I was looking forward to being 44 too. I find that there's something aesthetically pleasing about repeating numbers. I see 1111 all the time. But hey ho. 45 it is. Halfway to fifty. 

I can't believe my fortieth was five years ago, what a truly magical time that was. A weekend full of beautiful old churches, good food, real ales and rugby, spent with my favourite person in the whole world. I really need to get my finger out and start planning something for his sixtieth in February. Covid has buggered everything up. Can we have a party? We had hoped to renew our wedding vows but it's not do-able, not next year anyway, not financially and maybe not in the way that we would want to do. Will there still be restrictions on guest numbers? Besides which, I'm fat again. I'm not being a fat bride again for him, that's just taking the piss, isn't it? 

At least I won't be pregnant when we do it again (I mean it, devil dick - stay away). I love that he can't comment on my blog now because he can't sign in to Google to do so; he doesn't know his password, I don't remember it, inexplicably it isn't stored on my computer, and if he gets locked out of his account he is buggered, basically :-) It hasn't occurred to him to just make a new Gmail account to be the bane of my life online as well as in real life. He'd only get me to do it for him and remember his password. 

Tea tonight was soooo good. RecipeTin Eats Mexican Avocado Chicken Salad (link to recipe here). I was able to prep it in advance earlier today, and just cook the chicken and add the avocado to the salsa when Mr G was driving back from the boy's football training. Please, don't be put off by the word salad. There's salad and there's Nagi's salads. Just look at this absolute beaut.


Mr G ate every last sweetcorn kernel too #proud #bigboy

Busy few days ahead now, we will be here, there and everywhere. Voting tomorrow, our son and daughter have their first votes. The daughter is already old enough to vote, but our son isn't eighteen until September. I'm breaking with tradition and voting Plaid Cymru for our local constituency vote. I'm voting for Labour on the regional vote, and the Plaid candidate, Eleanor Ann Griffith for the Police and Crime Commissioner. On Friday, our eldest has his first Covid jab. We need to go and get some more last minute bits for Saturday. I need to count how many chicken thighs I have, I need 55 for the kebabs. We need to make the cheesecake and birthday cakes. Saturday morning the boy has a football match, and then in the afternoon, Crusaders have their first match of the season away at London Skolars. OurLeague are live streaming the match, so I bought an early bird pass today for a fiver. So we will really have to be on the ball with the food prep.  

The view from Bangor pier today... look at the snow. 


Love this place, one of my favourite places to be, but by God, when it's cold it's twenty times colder on there. 

Comments