Marvellous Monday

I bloody love Mondays. I know it goes against the grain for what a miserable cow I am, I should, in theory hate Mondays. But it's Slimming World, it's the start of a brand new week, I'm always raring to go, especially now that group is back. Up, showered, head on, perfumed, good to go, all by 7.30 this morning. 

We procrastinated all day yesterday, should we go out, shouldn't we. Rain, then sun, then rain, and in the end we decided to go out for a run (for clarity - a car run, not a run run. As if). We drove to Benllech and had fish and chips in the car, then on to Red Wharf Bay and home via Beaumaris.


 

We decided to walk down to group this morning because it was dry. Both weighed in with a 2 lb loss (woop!), I think I'm really getting the hang of the weighing lark, I was definitely more confident doing it today. It was a good group, a brilliant collective weight loss and lots of certificates given out. We then carried on from group, had a nice walk and hit our 10,000 steps. Mr G was snapping away like a good 'un, with his new phone.






Decided to go for the mean and moody atmospheric shots today. I prefer my head in black and white, it hides the rosacea! I'm still fuming about that, to be honest with you. I've always had rubbish skin. Never suffered with bad acne or anything, but I've never, ever had completely clear skin, from the moment I hit puberty. There was always some big minging spot lurking somewhere, on my jawline, between my eyebrows, on my chin, my nose. And then, I had about four months of good skin, before I developed rosacea. I've tried all the creams, they don't make a difference, so I'm at the point now that it's just a part of me, just as my massive boobage and specs are. Plus, it keeps people and hugs at bay because I look like I've got something contagious. Lol. 

Tea tonight was the delightful Prawn Mango Avocado Orzo salad, from Recipe Tin Eats. The boys had homemade pepperoni pizzas. I died inside as I sliced them up, and Mr G cried as he served them. I've decided that when we have the heatwave (apparently it's going to be in June), I am going to make us a pizza of our choice, we will cook it in the pizza oven, and eat it outside with a bottle of wine and an ice cold beer or two. But until then, here's our healthy salad :-( 

Silver lining - the boy who took cookery as a GCSE is making a strawberry cheesecake on Wednesday. After the disappointment of last week's pasta in cheese sauce (which is still languishing in a plastic tub in the fridge because nobody likes pasta in cheese sauce). Almost as horrendous as the pasta with cod that he made when he first started. I took a mouthful, as did Mr G, we voiced the obligatory mmmmmmmm at it, and then tried not to look too disappointed that the boy actually really liked it and asked did we mind if he had it for tea. That he would make it again for us another day, so we could all have some... Every six weeks or so he keeps bringing it up. Bless him. I'll tell him one day.

When we got back from group today, Mr G had an email inviting him to a one on one interview for a job that he only applied for last night. So he has a second interview tomorrow via video link (which should be fun), an interview on Friday for this latest job, and then he has his second Covid jab on Saturday. This means that mine should be in the next three weeks or so. 

It will be really interesting to see if my (reasonably good) reaction to the first jab, makes any difference to my reaction this time. I should, in theory, be ok about having the jab itself, because I didn't even feel it last time, it was so quick. I'm not bothered about feeling ill after it, we all have to contend with feeling ill, don't we? And seeing as I got away scot free after the first jab, I'm half expecting the second one to total me. But it's whether I can have the second jab without a panic attack. That would be real progress for me. 

Meal plan for the rest of the week, subject to being flipped and reversed or even ignored completely...

Tuesday: 5% fat beefburger, SW chips, salad and baked beans

Wednesday: Chicken's Vindaloo and basmati rice

Thursday: Homemade Steak and Ale 'pie' but with a mashed potato topping, vegetables and gravy

Friday: Bolognese Pasta Bake, salad, cheesy garlic bread

Saturday: KFC Fakeaway; chicken, corn cobs, gravy, coleslaw, baked beans, salad and chips

Sunday: Baked Chicken and Bacon Orzo (from the July 2021 Slimming World Magazine)

Comments