Another day, another...

 ... job interview! A position he applied for on Sunday night, he had a phone call this morning offering him a face to face interview, this time on Thursday. So that's three interviews this week, one today, one on Thursday and one on Friday. 

He tried to have a lie in this morning to prepare for work tonight, until the phone call came offering him an interview. I had already prepped breakfast for when he woke, so we ate, had a coffee and then went for a quick walk.


It was glorious out, so warm and sunny that I didn't need a coat. We only took a short walk today, up St Georges and down to the pier, and of course, it was so lovely that we had to stop and have an ice cream at the Red Boat kiosk. Today, I had Coffee and Walnut and Mr G had Millionaires Shortbread. All the ones we've tried from there so far have been amazing, it's so hard to choose a favourite. But the coffee was really special, it's so hard to find coffee ice cream anywhere. The moment I saw it there, it didn't matter what else they had in today, I only had eyes for it. It's only a tiny little booth, so the flavour range they can store is limited, but in all fairness, they vary them so well. There always seems to be something new and interesting there.


We carried on our usual route, under the bridge, around the promenade, Church Island and then up past the rugby club.











His interview went well, it was using Google Meets, which he had never used before, but it wasn't too unlike Zoom. Unfortunately, he heard back from the other job he'd interviewed for two weeks ago, at the same time as this, and he wasn't the successful candidate. Something will come though, he's extremely positive about that. And I have a feeling in me waters.

Tea tonight was 5% fat burger, chips and baked beans with plenty of fried onions. 


I'm hoping to get out walking tomorrow with my cousin, if the weather isn't too bad. Up to now it looks like showers in the morning and then a sunny afternoon, whereas Thursday looks to be a complete washout all day long. Thursday's definitely a treadmill day. Unsure as to where yet, Treborth was such a lovely walk, I'd like to push it a little further down the coastal path, see how far we could manage. I don't think we were too far off Felinheli the other week. We stopped a fair few times as well, I took a buffet lunch with me (lol) and we had a lot of photo stops too, as it was the first time that my cousin had been. We had also discussed doing the opposite walk, to see the lions from the other side. But it has put so much rain down these last few weeks that I have a feeling that it will be quite muddy down that section of the coastal path. We'll see.

Comments