Spoiled

The Birthday Gods were smiling today with a pound off at Slimming World. I don't know how and I'm not querying it either. Mr G lost 4.5 lb though, fair play. He stuck to Guinness and stopped drinking at about midnight, whereas I went full Father Jack and was still caning flavoured gins at three in the morning. Happy days!

I was the new weighing woman at SW. I think I did ok, anyway. I don't think I offended anyone and I didn't break any computer equipment. Mr G had his job interview by phone, it all seemed a bit rushed and hurried. I suppose it's hard for companies trying to hire right now, and hard for candidates to make a good impression over the phone in return.

I had some gorgeous pressies from my friends and family. I've been well and truly spoiled.

I had a beautiful gin set, birthday cake and cute cat for the garden from Denise and Beth. I had Kylie Minogue wine, Himalayan Salt tea light holders and a Taurus notebook from the children, Prosecco and two new decks from Mr G - the tarot deck is a Friends one, the TV show, and all the cards are characters in the show, it's awesome. I had money, wine and smellies from my parents, and I had money from my brother and sister in law. And my cousin bought me wine, a gorgeous candle and a Himalayan salt lamp! She didn't know that I was getting the tea light holders from the children, so now I have a matching set. My daughter had one for Christmas a few years back and when we saw it, both Mr G and I were eyeing it up. I had one on my Amazon wish list, and so that's one thing I can take off now. 

I'm going to have a browse online after and treat myself to something with my birthday money. I'm usually guilty of spending it on food or the kids or bills, and not myself. There was another tarot deck I quite fancied, but how many tarot decks is enough? I think it's called the Housewives Tarot or something and it's very 1950s American style artwork. I might save that for Christmas, though. I also want some perfume, to go along with my thirty or so other bottles... 

Tea was basic tonight, because I shouldn't really be cooking on my birthday but hey ho. I marinated salmon fillets in soy, honey, garlic and chilli flakes and made a large salad and Jersey Royals to go with it. My first Jerseys of the year, and they were lovely. You forget how nice they are until you have them again, they knock spots off any other potato. 

Meal plan for the rest of the week...

Tuesday: Burger, SW chips or wedges, baked beans and salad

Wednesday: Blackened chicken, salad and tortillas 

Thursday: Bolognese Pasta Bake, salad and garlic bread 

Friday: Rump steak, Jersey Royals, mushrooms and onions, mushy peas and side salad

Saturday: Pulled pork, stuffing, apple sauce, salad and tortillas 

Sunday: Prawn, Mango, Avocado, Orzo salad   

Feeling very blessed and loved today :-) 

Comments