Chilly/Chilli

I went for a nice walk this morning, as Mr G slept after his night shift. Around Church Island, under the bridge. Decided to hedge my bets and take a chance while it was dry. Failed drastically when I got caught in rain, then hail, then more rain. Decided to cut my walk short because I was drenched. Picked Mr G's prescription up from the chemist before I came home. I could barely speak to the young pharmacist to confirm our address, I was so cold and wet that I couldn't form words through my soaked face mask which was plastered to my face. I couldn't see a thing through my glasses and I had brain freeze. I was a mess and not even a hot mess. Just a mess. 

Got home and I was soaked to the skin. Even my bra was wet. Soaked through a raincoat, thick woolly jumper, through to my underwear. My shoes, socks, everything. I stripped off quickly, chucked everything in the washer and got back into my fleecy pyjamas. In retrospect I should have stayed in them and stayed at home. 

The bluebells were in bloom on Church Island today, I managed to take a few photographs between showers.








I managed to walk 5 kilometres anyway, which isn't bad in crappy weather. 


When your fitness app is asking for a hiding. Get it done. The audacity...

Lunch was the leftover pasta bake, which was a godsend as I was frozen and juddering and starving by the time I got in. 

Tea was also excellent, the Red Hot Texas Chilli from the new Chubby Cubs cookbook. I'd had the foresight to cook this overnight in the slow cooker on low, so all I had to do today was cook some rice and a handful of wedges up to accompany it. I'd definitely have it again. The ginger beer lent a sweetness that you don't usually find in a chilli. The braising steak was tender after being slow cooked and there was plenty enough left over for a jacket potato lunch tomorrow. 

Mr G left most of the kidney beans.

Tea tomorrow is Recipe Tin Eats Mexican Chicken Salad. Mr G will pick all the sweetcorn kernels out of it. He doesn't like sweetcorn. Well, I do, flower, so tough. I'll need to walk down to Waitrose to get some salady bits so hopefully it's a bit drier than today. 

Comments