Cheesecake

The boy made a strawberry cheesecake in his cookery lesson today, he's a chip off the old block, isn't he? His first ever cheesecake. It was really good too.

I didn't get out for my long walk today, my cousin's little girl was still off school. Mr G was also asked to work a little late this morning, as cover. So, I had a quiet morning, did a little housework and cooking, made a bacon, mushroom and pineapple pasta bake for my lunch and tea, as I didn't fancy curry tonight. I've gone right off curry all of a sudden. Shame I couldn't go off chocolate, pastry, wine, fish and chips, cake, pizza and crisps in the same way, isn't it? 


I had my appointment for my second jab through this morning, 10th of June. It's early in the morning which isn't ideal, they clearly didn't remember that I was a fruitcake when they made the appointment. It has scuppered my plans to lie down on the back seat for ten minutes after the jab, because they are so stretched for car parking space that you're asked not to arrive earlier than five minutes before your appointment, to be dropped off if possible, and then leave as soon as possible. We'll have to have a look on the way in, see if there's a side street that we can pull into and park up on quite close by. I also need to remember not to be so smug this time, and do the damned exercises that the psychologist gave me. I was just so taken aback that I'd navigated having the jab so well, that I thought I was ok. Incorrect.

Tea tonight, more of the same for me, only with a slice of cheesy garlic bread, and for Mr G, Pinch of Nom's Chicken's Vindaloo, basmati rice and a mini garlic naan bread. The boys had parathas with theirs. 

Feeling a bit meh today. Wishing that I had something to look forward to, you know? Even though we hardly set the world on fire in the past, we used to have an occasional holiday, we enjoyed our rugby, meals out, we entertained friends and family, we would go to a concert and have a night away. I think it's the realisation that the life we once knew has gone. It's not delayed, it's not going to be ok once people are vaccinated. It will be better than this, no doubt. But it will never go back to how it was before. And it's hard to know how you're going to react to navigating your new life, when you're still stuck in limbo in the ashes of your old one. 

I'm just so lucky to have had Mr G with me during this madness, I really am. I know I go on about how wonderful he is, but he really is. I love him dearly, and I make no apology for it, either. It's coming up to the 22nd anniversary of us meeting next month, and 20 years married next year! 22 years, though, I don't feel old enough. I've been with him for nearly half of my life, how mad is that? Nobody has ever made me laugh so much, nobody has ever loved me so much, unconditionally. That has to be worth celebrating. Maybe it's time to plan a little party in the back garden, keep me occupied and give me something to look forward to.

Job interview tomorrow afternoon and another on Friday evening. He will also hear about the job he interviewed for yesterday by Friday morning too. I'll go along with him (not to the actual interview, I'll sit in the car) for company. I was with him when he interviewed for his current post, so I guess I'm like a lucky mascot. Like that tattered pair of underpants or socks with a hole in the heel that when you wear, your team always wins. I could have thought of a better comparison, if I'd tried a little harder. 

Comments