Back on track. Yes, *AGAIN*...

I am so happy, Slimming World is back. I'm not even commenting on my weight gain over the last year or so. Proper, in real life group is back, and that's all that matters, and that's all I need to get back on track. I've also volunteered to help out in group from next week, so I'll either be taking payments or weighing people. It was so lovely to see our consultant again, and some group members that we hadn't seen since late last year. The group is small at the moment, only up to fifteen people, but they're hoping to increase it to thirty in a couple of weeks. 

The weather today though, bloody hell. I definitely must have angered the weather gods yesterday when I cleaned my windows. It was blowing an absolute hoolie this afternoon. And it's freezing too. I really wanted to get a walk in but there was no way in all that rain. I've put the treadmill away until after my birthday, and wish that I hadn't now. I might have to set it back up again and put it away again on Friday.

Really enjoyed my meals today, the old faithful Bolognese pasta bake, salad and cheesy garlic bread for tea...

And for lunch, avocado smashed with lime juice, chilli flakes and sea salt, with salad on a brown roll. Lush.

Mr G slept through lunch, so he can take a roast beef and onion roll in to work with him tonight for his supper. We have pasta bake leftovers for lunch tomorrow - I always find it tastes nicer the next day. Tomorrow's tea is a recipe from the Two Chubby Cubs Fast and Filling cookbook. I haven't used this as much as the first book. So, tomorrow we are having Red Hot Texas Style Chilli with rice and salad. It looks an interesting recipe, it uses ginger beer and a lot of hot chilli powder. This should leave leftovers too which we can bung on a jacket spud or wedges for a quick lunch.

Meal plan for this week...

Tuesday: Two Chubby Cubs Red Hot Texas Style Chilli, rice and salad 

Wednesday: Recipe Tin Eats Mexican Chicken Salad and rice 

Thursday: Pinch of Nom A Chicken's Vindaloo, basmati rice and homemade bhajis

Friday: Slimming Eats Slow Cooker Pulled Pork, salad and wrap

Saturday: Recipe Tin Eats Chicken Shawarma, salad and wraps 

Sunday: Pinch of Nom Tandoori Salmon with Mango Salsa

Monday: Recipe Tin Eats Prawn, Mango, Avocado, Orzo summer salad

It's my birthday next Monday, but we are celebrating it on Saturday with Chicken Shawarma kebabs all round (and cheesecake, and gin, and birthday cake baked by the love of my life!). Mr G is working on Monday night (boo!), takeaway is out of the question now (especially after a mad one on the weekend) so I wanted something that was special, but also easy to prepare and on plan. Because I shouldn't be cooking on my birthday. This salad is probably my favourite salad (Christ on the cross, what an utterly depressing sentence). It's so tasty. It shouldn't work, but the flavour combinations are just... wow. 

Looks like tomorrow is going to be another windy washout, so I might prepare the cheesecake in advance and freeze it. Then I can make the strawberry topping fresh on Saturday morning. 

Comments