Satay

What's with this weather? I checked the app on my phone earlier and I swear, it's raining from now until the end of May?

I've been productive today. Instead of bemoaning that I can't do anything because Mr G is asleep (a clear excuse to procrastinate) I made a list (there will always be a list involved) and I resolved niggly bits. You know, niggly bits that you know you should do, they would take no time whatsoever to do, but you can't be arsed so you leave them. And before you know it, you've got a list full of niggly bits, which then take all day to do. 

I updated all the apps on my phone. I got a good upgrade on my current phone, they paid the rest of my contract up, shiny new phone which I will give to Mr G because his phone is 4 years old now, cheaper monthly cost and more data. I cancelled Disney+ which I've been paying for since the free trial ran out (my bad), I redeemed some rewards on Mr G's work incentive scheme (lest he gets offered one of these jobs and loses them!). The extremely boring list of pretty much life admin goes on and on, and although the house looks no tidier, I've got peace of mind that I've done them. And, most importantly, I've scheduled my phone to update at 3 am. I've been cancelling that for the last three weeks.

I also took the time to finally make this Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce from the Slimming Eats website (recipe link here). I love satay, and have been pretty underwhelmed with the slimming ones that I've tried up to now. This used proper peanut butter, not that powdered nonsense which... doesn't taste like PB unless you use so much of it, that calorie wise, you might as well have used PB anyway. 

Served with a quick homemade egg fried rice, this was delicious. If you make it, do use chicken thighs as the recipe states, it makes so much difference. I know it can be faffy trimming them of all fat and skin and dubious looking things, but I'd take thigh over breast any day. Nudge. Wink. Hehe. 

Mr G wanted to go out tomorrow, nowhere specific, just please can we just go somewhere tomorrow. And so I had to break it to him that we might not be able to... but he perked up when he found out why. Apparently they are delivering the phone at some point between 8 am and 10 pm. And by delivering it, round these parts, depending on driver, this could mean anything from handing it to me with a beaming smile and a cheery have a nice day, love. To, them drop kicking it into number 4's green waste bin from the back of their van, and then leaving the card at number 84. There is no number 84. 

I remember at Christmas, they delivered an expensive desktop PC, a day early, and instead of just taking it back and redelivering, they left it outside my front door. Which was bad enough in itself, but they then pulled my black waste bin to the front door to 'hide' it. Yeah, because a whacking great big black bin blocking your front door looks totally normal and definitely won't be hiding something behind it. Or is it just me? 

Anyway, a quick browse on Facebook earlier showed that Bangor Pier is celebrating its 125th Anniversary tomorrow. It's being lit up at night, there's a firework display and there's going to be plenty of food and drink. So we will go for a little wander down there, if the weather isn't too terrible, and I'll treat us both to a scone and a hot chocolate. Mr G has another full weekend off, so that's nice. Crusaders play again on Saturday, so I'll buy another match pass for Our League. The first home game at Eirias too, it's such a shame that they won't have fans there cheering them on. 

Comments