March update

Time is just getting away from me lately, I haven't updated since our lovely break away for Mr G's birthday and our anniversary. Truth be told, now that the children are older, and throw in a pandemic, there isn't always so much to blog about anymore. I anticipate that may change shortly. Life is going to get busier later this year, more on that soon...

So working backwards, last night we went out for one of Mr G's colleagues leaving meal. Only, she didn't attend. She was ill, bless her. She's moving and transferring to another store in her new town. However, due to being a large-ish party, all our food was pre-booked, and so the rest of us all went out. Me in my capacity as the store's Official Baker. My services have been booked to conjure up some St Paddy's Day cupcakes for Thursday, so I'm browsing Pinterest for ideas. 

This was my meal last night. Cod Goujons. I could not breathe after eating this meal. There was no way in hell I could have had dessert as well. In fact, it's such a rarity that you leave anywhere these days feeling full, isn't it? Size of that plateful?


Earlier yesterday, we had been to watch Crusaders take on Sheffield Eagles in their Challenge Cup match. Unfortunately, we lost 30-50, but as the last League One side standing, and playing against a Championship team, we gave a really good account of ourselves. Looking forward to the new season now, and our first home game against new boys Cornwall in three weeks' time.


We went on a nice walk last week, our first in months, we pushed the coastal path through Treborth further than we had done, we almost reached Felinheli before deciding to turn back. Unfortunately, when we reached Glan Faenol, the National Trust have cut down loads of trees. It looks a bloody mess. Mr G was fuming. Supposedly to plant new local or native trees or something, but yeah, we'll see eh? Probably end up being a holiday park or something. Chalets, pods. 



We had another lovely meal at the pub we went to last night for Mum's birthday with Mum and Dad, my brother and his partner and my great aunt. I had the steak pie and Mr G had the beef burger.




I had another nice competition win, too, so that's three so far this year! Other than that, things are pretty boring right now, and boring is good, given everything else that's going on outside of these four walls. 

Comments