October Update

Where did October go? 

Update on the HRT. The super-buzzy day must have either been my body in shock at the hormones being introduced, or a complete coincidence, because it has not been repeated again. However - there is a marked improvement in my symptoms. 

The brain fog, has gone, thankfully. That was probably the worst part, because it impacted on the inability to function, to write, read, concentrate, cook... just function in general. The night sweats have all but gone. I'm still really tired but not too tired that I can't push myself to do the basic daily housework, dishes, cooking tea, laundry, vacuuming etc. I do still have to have a power hour most days, and my night time sleeping is hit and miss. It's early days yet, it's only been a month, but as yet it hasn't been the miracle cure I was hoping for, and maybe it won't ever be. But if this is as good as it gets for me from now on, then it's a marked improvement on how I was for the majority of this summer. 

I've been keeping myself busy at home, I decided, on a whim, once my brain regained the ability to concentrate, to start making some Christmas crafts. So, I got my knitting box out, and spent most of my spare time making little ornaments. 






That's just a selection of the things I've knitted, I've also made crackers, baubles, gingerbread men and bells, which I need to photograph. I had quite a few people asking me if they were for sale. They're not, I'm not so sure that they're good enough to sell.

One of Mr G's workmates contracted Covid, and he was contacted by track and trace and advised to go for a PCR test, which he did. Thankfully, that and the follow up test was negative. Then on Thursday, one of the boy's school friends and team mate got a positive and so the boy had to go for a PCR test - that too was negative, thankfully. Mr G's workmate ended up in hospital with pneumonia, he's home now, thank God. 

I've been making an effort to watch a bit more television. Yeah, I know, I know, but I'm paying for Sky and Amazon and Netflix, so I may as well make the most of it. And even though this isn't my usual behaviour, once a programme blows up, I usually have no interest in it. Game of Thrones, Line of Duty, Bridgerton, The Crown... you name it, I haven't seen one episode of it. But Squid Game piqued my interest and I had to watch it. So, two weeks ago today, the boy and I watched it, finished it Sunday afternoon, and then I watched it again with Mr G Sunday night and Monday, on his day off. I binge watched the whole lot twice over two days. I bloody loved it. 

Last night we started watching Derry Girls, that was so funny and made me feel a little nostalgic, because I would have been about the same age as the girls at that time. The music was what I was listening to in 1992/1993. Hopefully we can watch the second series tomorrow when Mr G has finished work. Also on the list is Young Offenders, as we both enjoyed the film. Brassic, which my father keeps telling me I have to watch. There's a programme called Alma's Not Normal which I caught a clip of on Facebook, and also Greg Davies's new one The Cleaner. 

NaNoWriMo 2021 starts a week on Monday, and I'm looking forward to that. I've outlined three completely new ideas this year, so I'll be starting off on a clean slate, with a new story and new characters. I'm looking forward to the challenge. It was a lot easier carrying on with old characters, who already had a lot of backstory to them. One of the potential stories is completely unlike what I would usually write, so I may test myself and use that one for this year. We'll see. 

I had a nice little win today, one of my accas came in (Leeds with a last minute penalty!), £53, and I had a small win on the Euromillions on Friday night. I'll be on the lookout for my third win or blessing, they always come in threes, sometimes more. I did enter a competition today, Lawson are giving away ten pairs of tickets to their new tour, so both Mr G and I entered. One of the best concerts we've ever been to, and we'd both love to see them again. We entered for Manchester, Mr G said 'Huh, Academy. Just down the road from Big Hands'. Just a threat of Oxford Road, and Mr I Don't Drink Anymore turns into Rab C Nesbitt, hehe.  

Comments