Don't ask me how...

 ... but I managed to pull a six (6, bloody SIX!!) pound weight loss off this week at Slimming World. I was expecting a small loss, by the skin of my teeth. When I saw -6 lb come up on the screen, our consultant asked 'What did you do?'

Cue hazy dream sequence... what did I do... what did I do...

I did pizza. I did homemade apple crumble with ice cream. I did ice cream. I did sausage toasties, with proper thick butchers sausage and thick white bread. I did garlic bread. I did cheesy garlic bread. I did cheesy garlic ciabatta. I did a six pack of Seabrooks Beefy crisps. I did several Wispas. That's just off the top of my head. So how much would I have lost if I had actually stuck to plan? The mind boggles.

'Dunno.' I replied. 

(I think the answer she was looking for was... I stuck 100% to plan, I weighed and measured my healthy extras, stayed within 15 syns, filled up on speed free foods and upped my water intake).

I stared at her wondering whether to confess or not. 

'Do the same this week, then.' she said. I nodded. 

Ha, best not, eh? 

Mr G lost 1.5 lb too. He was happy with the loss but not too happy not to have lost what I did. We are back at 1 lb apart in weight loss again, we always seem to hover around the same mark, give or take a pound or two. Slimming World has had to close, though, up to now they have been ok because they are a business operating out of the community centre. It's one way in, one way out, hand sanitiser, social distanced, screens, the works. In fairness to our consultant, she's done a great job. So we have two weeks back on Zoom (or, two weeks of getting absolutely wankered and eating cake and pies...) and then group should resume.  

We finally found out today what is happening with Mr G's job and the Welsh lockdown. Having just finished his first stint of shifts since his holiday earlier this month... he is now on furlough and off until his shift on the 14th of November. The jammy sod. The lockdown couldn't have come at a better time though because our new Hypnos bed is being delivered on the 18th. So this means that we have enough time to decorate the bedroom, clean the carpet whilst the room is empty and do all the shifting and swapping and chopping and changing. 

While Mr G is measuring the room and alcoves and working out where the bed will go, I'm ordering wardrobes, which have an estimated delivery date of the 25th of November. Tomorrow, once the kids are in school and college, we will hotfoot it to Holyhead (because we have long gone past the stage of freezer gravel), do a big food shop that will see us over the next 17 days, and get any bits we need for our bedroom. We are painting the new room in the same grey as we've just painted our old bedroom, as we really liked the colour. I've seen a lovely headboard on Amazon which I will order on pay day, there's no point paying for it now, when we haven't even got the bed yet. We already have cosy fleecy grey bedding which will match the room, and while looking for a blackout blind (not only for Mr G's daysleeping, but there is also a very bright streetlight outside which illuminates the room at night) I found some dark grey blackout curtains! Handy. So, they've gone on the Amazon wish list too.

Even though it's shit, this lockdown, and everything that's going on surrounding it, I am actually looking forward to this one. The weather is promising rain for the next fifteen days, I'm promising plenty of hearty comfort food and baking for my lovely little family, it's cold, the nights are dark and my living room is looking so cosy by lamplight and candlelight.

This is my hibernation fantasy coming true. After tomorrow I won't have to set foot outside, I won't have to see or speak to another soul (well, apart from this quartet of sods) for nearly three weeks. There's nothing to get in the way of our decorating, we'll be able to get the hall, stairs and landing done sooner than we'd hoped too. I can spend some dark evenings prepping ready for NaNo 2020 - although I've no idea what I'm doing this year, whether to continue with what I've done since 2015, or start something completely different. Time will tell, only another 10 days to go. 

Google Photos memory today, three years ago, we were at Cru's end of season awards in Gwersyllt. This was the night where Mr G got drunk, I have never seen him so drunk in my life, which is what happens when you are in your fifties and you're drinking spirits with two fit, twenty something rugby players. Not only have I never seen him so drunk in my life, I've never seen him so hungover in his life, it took him four full days to feel even remotely human again. He didn't drink for ages after that. It's quite sad to think that we've missed out on that this year, on top of a full season of rugby. It doesn't seem like a year that we were at the Maesgwyn saying goodbye to Kenny Baker, and I took in every hedge on the way back to the Ramada. That year it was me behaving badly, according to Mr G, I was nearly on the mini bus back to Wigan going clubbing with the lads. Hopefully next year. They're going full steam ahead with re-signings and new signings anyway, so they must have some hope of getting some games in next season. 

Comments