3 down

Woke up to news today that my husband's employers are cutting 6000 jobs nationwide due to the effects of Covid on their operations. The team have a conference call with their manager this afternoon, so all will be revealed then. There's absolutely no point in stressing out about it, what will be will be. If there is bad news then we deal with it if we receive it. 

Thrilled with a 3 lb loss at Slimming World yesterday, Mr G lost 2 lb, which he was happy with too. I do feel for him, because he is constantly weighing off the back of a night shift. Full steam ahead now for another good week. What we need is a good two, three weeks of losses under our belts now, really get the momentum going again. 

We hoped to have a couple of days out again this week, although the weather ahead looks very wet until well into October. Wednesday morning looks the most promising though, although the weather report changes by the day. I have an idea of where I would like to take him, another place he hasn't been, and somewhere I haven't been since I was a child. It will be a solely outdoorsy day out this time. I think the time of being around people indoors is over for the time being, whether masked and socially distanced or not. It involves a 5 kilometre walk, some good Body Magic there, and I'll pack us a nice lunch and a flask of coffee to take with us. Even if we can only get out for one day, it's better than nothing.

Tea last night was homemade lasagne, a few oven chips, cheesy garlic bread and salad. Not strictly on plan, but I'd just been fancying it for ages, lasagne like I used to make it. The ragu was homemade and syn free, the cheese was Healthy Extra mozzarella, the only bad things were the garlic bread, the white sauce in the lasagne and the chips. All the good things ;-)

Mr G said it was the best lasagne he'd ever had in his life, but I swear he says that ever time. God love that man, he is so appreciative of the things I cook for him. He's appreciative of everything I do for him, really, I'm very lucky. 

Currently trying to sort out a meal plan for the week ahead, and a shopping list to accompany it; not so easy when your partner in crime is snoring under a fleecy blanket on the sofa! 

Comments