May the Seventh be with you

I cannot believe it's May, and I haven't posted for over two and a half months.  The older I'm getting, the faster time seems to go, sometimes I'd love a 'pause' button, and definitely a 'rewind' button!   It's not even like I'm coming back having accomplished anything in my absence.  I haven't climbed Snowdon, or run a marathon. If you ever see me running, you better run after me, because there'll be something chasing me. And the closest I've got to a marathon is coveting the bar of Snickers in my son's Easter egg.  Yes, he still has Easter Eggs left.  The boy doesn't like chocolate.  I know, he's not his mother's son.  I haven't done any major redecoration or renovations.  The garden isn't up to where it usually is this time of year, we've done a bit of planting but nowhere near barbecue ready. 

What little we've done...

Speaking of older (but no wiser!) - I turn 39 on Sunday... which can't be right, surely?  I'm being whisked away for the weekend to a lodge in Llangollen!   Not as romantic as it could be, granted, as we are taking the minions with us.  But I have been promised a kebab for my birthday tea, so I can forego romance in this instance.   Good job I'm the low maintenance one in this relationship, isn't it?   Nothing hectic planned, just sheer relaxation.  I've got a huge bundle of comedy DVD's, books and magazines downloaded to my iPad, and music.  Chuck in a bottle (or two) of wine to go with my kebab and I'm made for the weekend.   On Saturday we're going to venture into Llangollen for a wander about and on Sunday Caitlin wants to hit Primarni in Wrexham as I made the mistake of telling her that they were selling 5SOS clothing.  She's off to see them in concert in June with her best friend.  So, it looks like I'll be spending my birthday, and my money in my idea of hell (Primark) pleasing somebody else.  Sounds familiar, yes, any day that ends in... well... 'day'!  The joys of motherhood.  

Dan was accepted into all five Universities that he applied for on his Computer Science course, and put me and Mr G through the emotional wringer.  Thankfully his first choice is Bangor, and he's picked Liverpool as his back up choice.  He's asked me to start buying him Pot Noodles, Super Noodles and plastic forks.  You can imagine my face, right?  There won't be a vegetable ingested by that boy unless I feed it to him.  It'll be noodles, Pringles, energy drinks and beer.  I can just see me turning up at his Halls every night with plastic cartons of home cooked food, like a fat, over-protective Nigella.  It only seems like yesterday that he was born.  How can he be nearly 20 and leaving home?  I STILL HAVEN'T LOST HIS BABY WEIGHT!

In associated news, we have several ideas of what to do with his bedroom.  Craft room.  Office.  Home gym. Dining room. Red Room of Pain...

The weather has been a bit unpredictable to say the least.  Two weeks ago I was sat on Bangor Pier eating fish and chips in the glorious sunshine.  Last week, the heating went back on, the mountains were full of snow and it even hailed.  Now, rain, rain and more rain.  Meh...

Mr G really isn't any better.  We were hoping that this op would resolve the problems but if anything, it's made matters worse.  He may have a hernia, and the injection he's been offered for his ankle may well go tits up and put him back at square one, needing another ligament reconstruction.  He has an appointment with the surgeon who removed his gallbladder and subsequent scar tissue on the 12th May and an appointment at the Pain Clinic later this month, so hopefully we'll get some answers and some better pain management techniques.  I'm going with him this time... and I've got a list of questions ;-)  You know me and my lists...

I've just been up to do my bit and vote, Dan had his first vote too.  I've a pile of ironing to get through, and I'm having my hair cut and coloured later.  My hair is halfway down my back and I look like a hippy.  A greying one.  With a centre parting.  It's not a good look.  Not for me, anyway.  I think I was about 10 the last time my hair was this long and I really don't know what to do with it.  It's a nightmare to rinse after washing, it gets trapped in bed under my boobs, around my neck... how embarrassing would that be, strangling yourself to death with your own hair?  So, I'm thinking two inches off the length and a fringe!  Then a colour, by my wonderful stylist, Steffan. 

Aka Mr G...

Have a wonderful weekend!

M x

Comments