Hallowe'en 2008!

Well, it seemed like so far away, and before we knew it, it was upon us. Hardly seemed like a week that school had started back. Guest list was the Usual Suspects, minus a few who had prior engagements or parties of their own. Steve and I, Denise and Pete, Helen, Gagz, David, Mum, and the seven kids of course!
I decided not to make too much work for myself (but I still ended up harrassed!) and decided to make one-pot meals. So the menu was as follows. Homemade Chilli con Carne, Homemade Chicken Chasseur, Mum made her wonderful Tomato, Bacon and Pepper Soup, and I also had Cumberland Sausages, crusty mini rolls, fried onions and homemade Tomato and Red Chilli Relish. Helen made a huge bowl of rice, and homemade Garlic Bread, and we also had potato wedges. For afters, I had made a Sticky Toffee pud with Toffee Sauce, and a Tiramisu, and Helen had made her famous Carrot Cake. The kids picked on all this, plus they had a mini-buffet of their own, sausage rolls, hot dogs, biscuits and Pringles. I think a good time was had by all. Below are (some of) the photos from the occasion!

Steve and Ryan, father and son Vampires!


Myself, Mum and Lynette


Pete. You won't like him when he's angry.


My friend Denise, while still sober and coherent


My two baby boys


Steve with a very well deserved pint


The Worst Witch?


Or is Helen, the Worst Witch?


Steve's cake... Dr Oetker had to go into overdrive for the food colouring in this one!


David and I. Apparently swimming (floundering?) in the same gene pool....


Ali's revenge...


Tut tut...

Dan and friends...

Brilliant evening with brilliant company.  This could be start of another Grundy tradition, methinks...

Comments