Routine

Why is it that every single time I plan to have a lazy day, I end up doing more?


At least all I had to do last night was cook some rice. Smashed my 10,000 steps again, quite early on in the day too. And Mr G gave in to gentle pressure and watched Frozen 2 with me last night, so we snuggled up on the couch together with some snacks and watched it. It was awesome. I don't care if I'm 44, I freaking love Frozen. The story, the animation, the songs. All of it. Mr G loves Olaf and got a bit sniffy at a certain part in the film.

Mr G: It's sad, this.

Me: He'll be ok, babe.

I drew the line at him dressing in his snowman onesie to watch it, especially when he asked me to wear a dress.

I was in bed again by half ten last night, I left Mr G downstairs watching some war film and I slept through until 5 am again. I feel like I'm getting my body clock back in sync, finally. I like order and routine and it feels like everything has been shaken up; my diet, my health, my sleep, my daily routine, my weekly routine. I like to know what is happening, I like to know what's ahead, I like to work to a timeline and that particular rug has been pulled from under my feet. So I'm trying to claw control of these things back one by one. There's so much that is out of my control but the things that still are, I've let go of the reins of, and I need to grab hold of them again. 

Waiting for Mr G to wake now, he wasn't too impressed with my suggestion of making him a coffee when I woke up and was snoring again within minutes. Food shopping day today as he is back in work tomorrow. I'm sat here trying to meal plan for the week ahead, we have Jambalaya for tonight, batch cooked. Chubby Cubs Pasta bake tomorrow, because it's something really filling for him to have before work. I'm currently working off a list that has bacon and free range eggs on it. It's not looking too promising, it it?


Comments