Chill

A quiet day today, wasn't able to do much housework as Mr G was sleeping. Well, the whole house was sleeping, I think I'm the only one who isn't on a night shift sleeping pattern these days. It was a beautiful day (my kind of beautiful - aka wind and rain) and I decided to take advantage of the silence, the weather, the peace, and have a lazy day. Had a shower, did a load of washing and pretty much sat down all day. I read a little - my current book is Wishcraft by Barbara Sher, which was mentioned in the last book I read and I knew that it was one I already had on my Kindle. I wrote a little, I entered some competitions, I did a little walking whilst listening to my language audio. It was really cold though, I had to put the heating on twice just to take the chill off the room.

Tea tonight was Two Chubby Cubs Sunshine Risotto with a salad. We hadn't tried this recipe before, and it was really nice, although I had to amend it slightly. It used a little white wine, and I had no wine at all in, so I chucked in a red wine stock pot. I also used half the amount of dried thyme in the dish and it was a good call, otherwise I feel it would have overwhelmed the dish. I also made Two Chubby Cubs Tikka Masala for the children, so we can have the rest of that tomorrow for our tea.


I was only 75% wrong in my darts predictions ;-) I got one finalist right. I tell you something though, I wish I had put a tenner on Dancing Dimitri at the start of the tournament - 100/1. Jeez, that would have been nice, wouldn't it? Didn't see that coming, but he's a very good young player and as much as I'm a huge MvG girl, it's nice to see some variation in these champions. It can get a bit samey when you win all the time, and I say that with no hint of irony as a Manchester United fan. If something is in the bag from the off, on a yearly basis, then it gets boring. And at least we've got Champions League football again next season :-)

My father has shares in a racehorse, Dutch Decoy, and it's running tomorrow in the 2.30 at Ayr. It won two weeks ago, and nobody bothered to tell me it was running. In fact, at that point, I didn't even know he had shares in a racehorse. So, everyone else won a nice little amount because it won at 11/1... so today he made sure he phoned me to let me know it was running. It'll probably never win again now, you just watch. Currently at 5/2 on Paddy Power, so not great odds compared to 11/1 but will keep an eye on that between now and tomorrow morning.

The boy is fourteen tomorrow, and the first of the birthdays. All four of my children were born within two months of each other exactly. July 28th to September 28th. He wants to go to Wrexham on Thursday to spend his birthday money, which means we will be in Eagles Meadow ricocheting like pinballs between JD Sports and Sports Direct for hours, my two equally most hated shops. I might leave him with Mr G and wander off on my own to spend an hour in that new age shop, or in Waterstones and WH Smiths browsing the oracle and tarot decks. That is my dream scenario, but the reality is, if Mr G has to suffer it, we must suffer it together, as a team. The girl wants to come too as she is meeting a friend who lives locally. I know what I want in Wrexham and we'll just leave that there ;-) We all know by now what I want when I'm there.

So, early doors shopping tomorrow morning, when Mr G finishes his shift we'll have a quick cuppa and go for opening. Pick up the boy's cake and some fresh fruit, veg and salad and hopefully we'll be home before he even wakes. My parents are coming up tomorrow to see him, which will be nice. Other than myself, Mr G and the kids, they'll be the first people to set foot into our home since early March.

I'm going to attempt to make that lush doner kebab for us all on Friday, have a Friday night fakeaway and hopefully watch a funny film or two with a beer (or two) and some popcorn. What family Friday nights in were made for - and at a fraction of the cost ;-)   

Comments