Chicken Shawarma

Tonight's tea was the ever amazing Chicken Shawarma from The Iron You. It is the simplest and tastiest chicken recipe ever.


Served with salad, rice, avocado and hot chilli sauce. Absolutely lush.

Moment of truth on the scales in the morning. Mr G and I have had a chat and we've decided we're going to take the battery out of the scales after we've weighed in tomorrow and then ask our consultant to mark us down as maintains until physical group starts back. Hopefully not knowing what we weigh will keep us on the straight and narrow and stop us from bingeing.

Not sure if we're going to Wrexham next week now, either... the lack of loo issue is really putting me off. I can have one coffee in the morning, have three pees before I leave the house, and I will still need to go ten minutes into the journey. Similarly, I can go out, have five pints and be ok. I can't win, my bladder is a lunatic. Mr G has one of those emergency pee bottles which has been a lifesaver for him over the years, granted this was when we had a people carrier and not a Ford Focus, but still, I'm sure he can discreetly pee in the car (in the bottle, not actually in the car). Me, however, trying to navigate the female attachment for the bottle in the back seat of a Ford Focus? That's pee everywhere, and my fat ass bared to someone in a car park, guaranteed. Guaranteed. Nobody needs to see that right now, there's enough heartache, pain and stress going on in the world. I suggested to Mr G that we take the Kampa Khazi with us, and his response was 'You are not p***ing in my car'. I'll work on him or failing that, I'll do some discreet sleuthing online and see if there are any public loos open. If there are any, Everland is go.

I finished Moonology last night in bed, and I started and finished later today another new book I had (that I'd forgotten I'd bought) - Gretchen Rubin's Outer Order Inner Calm. Really interesting and resonated with me. I used to be really untidy as a teenager, and my home was in disarray when the children were younger, I did have four after all. But as they've grown older, I've become really stressed out by clutter. I like things orderly. I'm happy when things are orderly, but the only problem is, they don't stay orderly. Because nobody else is bothered by clutter. Nobody else keeps things where they're meant to go. I'm ruthless with my own belongings, but other people (Mr G) keep bringing more stuff into the house. He is getting better, I have to say, and this virus has put a stop to anything we don't need being bought. We actually have bin bag upon bin bag of stuff that needs removing from the house, from clear outs we had back in March and April. Just a case of waiting for the charity shops to reopen. I also need to create an account with our local council as you have to book a slot for the recycling centres at present.  

Off to bed now with Kindle in hand, pick myself a new book, might go for a work of fiction next. See what shocking number the scales have for me in the morning, just hope that the last couple of days have done some damage limitation. Third day in a row of 10,000 steps too. It won't last, but if I can do it on a Saturday, I can do it any day. 

Comments