Madras

Tonight's tea was a lovely homemade chicken madras curry, with turmeric rice. It doesn't really alter the taste but I think it looks pretty against the deep orangey-red of the curry. I found some lamb samosas in the samosas and I made a little mint raita dip. I'm not a massive fan of meat samosas, I'd sooner have veg ones, but Mr G loves them. And I also made some low syn onion bhajis too. In for a penny. Rounded off with a mini garlic naan bread, we had the makings of a little Indian banquet!


I also had a plastic tub full of crumble mix in the freezer, from the surplus left over when the boy made his apple crumble for cookery the other... day, week, month, whenever the hell it was during lockdown. I had apples that needed using up, and half a bag of Morello cherries in the freezer and so I whipped up a cherry and apple crumble for dessert.


Lunch was homemade pea and ham soup. I had to resist the temptation to have bread with it because a) we didn't have any and b) I wanted a naan bread with my curry.


I don't know what happened in the darts last night, MvG beaten by Simon Whitlock. Totally shambolic performance. I'd like to see Peter Wright capitalise on his Worlds win, he plays Glen Durrant tonight, who I'm also a fan of.

Today was another quiet day with plenty done and plenty of variation. Went over my language audios again - they're starting to get a little testing, so I'm having to replay certain lessons over and over, because you have to be able to say the foreign language phrase before the speaker does, and they really don't give you much time in which to do it. I guess repetition is key, it's how we were taught times tables after all. Managed to work on my mother-of-all monthly shopping list, found some new recipes that I fancied trying, too. One was a lush Mexican chicken salad, with an avocado, corn and tomato salsa and a lime dressing, and another, a fakeaway version of Chinese Beef and Mushrooms, which looked really rich and tasty. I've been craving the King Prawn, Avocado and Mango salad with orzo for a few weeks, too.

Hit my step count again with 10,242 steps so far. I didn't hear from my friend about our walk, so I didn't get to go dogging (with a dog) after all. And I found a new book to read, this one is called Write it Down, Make it Happen by Henriette Anne Klauser. So far so good. No threesomes, nipple clamps or butt plugs thus far, anyway. Happy (but extremely boring) days...

Comments