Never again

Remind me never to drink again. Please. I found myself still awake at 2 am listening to music on my iPod, drinking Mr G's surplus Guinness. I have been rough all day. I wasn't drunk, but the older I'm getting, I'm becoming so intolerant to alcohol that it's unreal. The fact that I have to take a Benadryl chaser with my drinks should indicate that it's not for me anymore.

So, it was bed at 2 am, and up at 6 am because of my cursed reset body clock. I've been running on empty all day, I made two curries, a huge pan of Mr G's soup, our salad, the mango salsa, and marinated our salmon ready for tomorrow. So, I didn't get half of what I wanted to get done today, but it's a miracle that I got anything done, to be honest. I'm more than ready for my bed now. I was ready for it at 7 am.


Really enjoyed our tea tonight, every time I make it, I forget just how filling it actually is. I didn't have any rocket this time, so I subbed pea shoots and a little leftover baby spinach and it was just as nice.

I fell down another rabbit hole today, the app Randonautica. The tin hat brigade seem to be out in full force on this one muttering about people trafficking and the dark web (or are they spot on? Who knows). I watched some YouTube videos of people using the app. I read the (true) story of some teenagers finding a suitcase with human remains in after being directed to them with the map co-ordinates. Some creepy Reddit stories (but, how many are true?). I tried the app. I don't understand it, what the buttons are or what they mean. I think it could be interesting if used sensibly and carefully, with others, never alone, never in an abandoned creepy house, never in a forest, and it might get me out walking a bit more, now that the shine has gone from Pokemon Go (come on, I am 44).

However. I was a little freaked out when it took me to this co-ordinate, I clicked on Google Maps for the directions, and it was the view I would have had if I was stood outside my parents house, at the bottom of their path, looking at the house directly opposite theirs. At the bottom of the screen it actually had my parents address on it. 21 and the street name. That was quite bizarre. But then, there's probably a rational explanation for that. My phone will know that it's a location I go to quite often, or did pre-Covid. It could be something as simple as that, right? You're supposed to hold an intention for what you want to find. Some people have been intending something weird or spooky or creepy (I mean, why would you do that?). It's definitely interesting and I will have a bit of a play around with it over time.

In other news, one of my oracle decks has arrived from Wish, the one I've really been waiting for and looking forward to and I'm too ruined to care today. I have had a flick through and put them with all the others. Never drinking again. Although I do have that bottle of Parma Violet gin...

Comments