Gloomy

The weather, not my mood. Had an exciting trip out today to... Asda. Mr G had a slightly less exciting trip coming out of Asda and has hurt his ankle. He's been sat with it strapped up and elevated all afternoon, bless his little heart.

I had to go to Asda to pick up a few bits, bread, milk, Wispas, alcohol... very little in the way of food to be honest with you. Tonight's tea was fish, new potatoes, mushy peas and homemade tartare sauce.


Lunch today was bacon and leek risotto...


I found ready rolled puff pastry and two packages of sausage meat in the freezer and so I made two massive sausage rolls for the children to tuck into when they wanted a snack.


I was dying to try a piece, but no, I was a good girl. Mr G tried a piece and said it was lovely, Adam came back twice for more. I just seasoned the sausage meat with salt, black pepper, dried sage, onion granules and hoped for the best.

Fancied a drink tonight, probably just the one for us both, two at a push. Tonight's first choice is this curious little number, Banana Bread Beer. Really nice, with just a hint of banana. Mr G had a sip and it was too banana-ey for him. He went old school with Bass.


Hit 11,000 steps plus today, did a good 85 minutes consecutively on the treadmill while I listened to two new language lessons - I found these two significantly easier than the previous one. My feet were on fire, though, when I finally stopped so I went up and had a nice, relaxing Epsom Salt bath. I finished my book, so it's time to choose another.

So yes, once again, my little world was set alight today.

Comments