Mother Hubbard

Another productive day today. Mr G finished his shifts this morning. He's back on four in August to cover a colleague who is on maternity leave, so that will be a shock to his system.

Tea tonight was bacon chop, sausage, hash browns and baked beans. Bit of a poor show but it's freezer gravel all the way until it's gone. The sausages were my son's Ghost Chilli sausages from Iceland, we finally managed to get hold of them for him from the Food Warehouse in Wrexham. We managed to get the Carolina Reaper chicken chunks from one local Iceland and the Carolina Reaper burgers from another, but we couldn't get the sausage. They had a bit of a kick to them, but as for Carolina Reaper? Maybe a slight over-exaggeration there.


Lunch was some batch cooked vegetable soup that I had left. I've taken out the last of my curry base and the last of my chicken breast and will cook a nice spicy curry for tomorrow night, maybe a madras, and we will have that with rice (oh, I have rice... boy, do I have rice...) and mini garlic naan breads. I have also made a small pea and ham soup for lunch tomorrow, using up some cooking bacon and the dregs of some frozen vegetables in the freezer. If I'm nothing else, I'm resourceful! I've come across some pies (I know, I know... but they're there and need eating), some lovely beer battered haddock and also some dusted cod steaks, beef burgers and a pack of chicken thighs. I'm going to be channeling my inner Jesus for the next 10 days. I have plenty of fish. Just no bread to go with it ;-)

I managed to finish my book, I'm not saying the title again because it took a good two days to get the chorus out of my brain, but I will say that I highly recommend it. I'm trying to decide what to start on next. Sometimes you can have too much choice, do you ever feel that way? That life was so much simpler when you had a book, a few albums, four (or even three) TV channels? Sometimes Mr G can spend over an hour trying to find something to watch. We generally watch about three minutes of every channel until he gives up and switches the telly off. Infuriates the shizz out of me.

I went over the first three lessons of my language course again and it's picking up nicely. It's also serving a dual purpose because it is really passing the time when I'm walking on the treadmill, more so than music does. I did some light cleaning, and I also sorted out my freezers. One is now completely empty and crying out to be refilled. So I'm trying to get both as empty as I possibly can, defrost them both (again... frost free my arse) and then when he is paid, I want to do a big shop, a big big shop that will last us for the month ahead.

I received a cracking insult from Mr G last night just before he went to work.

Mr G: I could smell you in bed. On the bedding.

Me: Oh. That's nice.

Mr G: *Silence*

Me: In a good way, right?

Mr G: *Silence*

Me: Right??

Mr G: Well, not really.

Me: Does the bedding need changing then...?

Mr G: Yes. And you need a bath. And then a shower.

That's just charming, isn't it?

I've done just shy of 11,000 steps today, and I think I might be meeting up with my friend tomorrow for a socially distanced walk around Parc Menai which should get the step count up. She said she missed me, which was so sweet. Lots of people have been telling me they miss me lately, I'm wondering if they have me confused with someone else? Hehe. I keep ribbing my friend that she is going dogging, like Kayleigh from Car Share, because she takes her dog when she walks there. This clip makes me cry, every time I watch it.


You went... dogging?

Comments