TGIF

Not that it makes that much of a difference, when every day is like a weekend day at the moment. 

Been a bit of a funny day today, I decided that I was going to have a lazy day. Minimum housework (I did the dishes and one load of washing) and very little else. Because, why the hell not? Everything I do today only ends up needing to be done again tomorrow anyway, doesn't it? I have had terrible back pain all day, came on like a bolt from the blue, and in the end I had to relent and take something really strong. So, here I have been, all day, in my chair, loads of cushions shoved behind my back.

Meals were quite atypically meh today, I had fruit for breakfast, a jacket potato with baked beans for lunch - and I left most of that. Tea was Chicken Saag, 'one I made earlier' from the freezer, so I just cooked some rice and made some homemade SW chips to go with it.


Really tasty. I actually think it improves the taste of a homemade curry when it's been frozen? Probably just me being weird.

Needless to say I haven't done any walking today, either. Tomorrow is another day, but looking at how many kilometres a day I would need to do in order to win my challenge by the end of May, and have some meals cooked for me, it ain't happening. So I will just go at my own pace ;-) (snail) and cook my own meals, like I usually have to do.

Managed to save our bread allowance again today, so we can enjoy a bacon and egg bap later tonight. As for the weekend - tomorrow I will leave everyone to sleep in and prepare a full English for us all for brunch. Tea tomorrow I have pencilled in as his and hers chicken salad and salmon salad (night before weigh in tea) but I'm not really feeling that right now. Weather hasn't really been salad-y. Might make a risotto or something.

One thing I am looking forward to tomorrow is getting together with my Wrexham pals over Zoom, we're having a quiz at 3 pm, and we have to dress up in our rugby clobber. That should be a giggle. Up to 30 households taking part in it, be nice to see some faces again, but no doubt a little sad too. I'd so looked forward to the season starting, it's one of the very few social things I have in my life, and I saw one game. One bloody game. It's highly unlikely that the season will restart, and I think it's the right choice, the main thing is getting this virus under control. But it still stings.

We had a nice surprise in the post today, too. Everyone thought that I had won the fakeaway competition but no. I may have dished the bugger up, but Mr G single handedly made the Pakistani Beef Bhuna.


So, he received his prize of a snazzy SW apron in the post (the banana is a SW morning group running joke) and I received some lovely words of encouragement and a magnet from my consultant. I've put them up where I can see them in the kitchen, and it spurred me on today, because on a day like this, it could so easily have gone downhill again. But I have got five (count them) whole days under my belt, no lapses, no slip ups, nada. I have aced this week, if I say so myself, and even if the results on the scales aren't earth shattering on Sunday morning, that's ok by me too, because it will show in time. I can feel my jeans are looser, my mum tum has changed shape this week alone (probably hiding in shock due to all the exercise I've done!) and I realise that it's not all about the numbers on the scales. It's just a shame they hold so much sway over us mentally.

So, a meh post for a meh day, hopefully tomorrow will be a little better, brighter, sunnier and less painful. Stay safe all x   

Comments