Fed up

I'm extremely fed up today. I'm fed up of being in pain. I'm fed up of lockdown. I miss my family. I miss my friends. I'm fed up of looking at the stats in North Wales rising, and rising, and rising, when everywhere else seems to have peaked. I read today that we could end up being a hot spot, right here. Just bloody typical, isn't it?

I went out today and did my weekly shop, and that will be me now for another week.

Tea last night was the Chubby Cubs Chicken and Chorizo risotto, and we had the leftovers for lunch today, which was handy after shopping.


Mr G and I baked some oats, to our own tastes. He made jam, Crunchie spread and Biscoff spread, and I made lemon curd, Biscoff and S'mores ones (Nutella and mini marshmallows - lush!).

S'mores Baked Oats - the future

We are sticking with our mainly rice based lunches in order to free our HexB for the evening. Slimming World went... well, it just went. I was very frank, I confessed all, I said that I wanted to eat crap, and I didn't want solutions or suggestions or fake bloody Haribo sweets, I wanted to eat crap. Once I'd got that off my chest it was like something lifted. I felt... better. So, this week, I want to do better. That's all. Just better will suffice, the way that I'm feeling now. Better than last week and the week before. And I've done ok for two days. I'm 6lb up on my lowest since lockdown. So, that in itself is not that bad. It's not good, but it's not bad, considering.

So this week, I aim to do better, nothing more, nothing less. I'm in agony with my knee, I am moving around the house because I can't not, I have housework to do. But come the evening, it's gnawing away so badly that I don't know where to put it for comfort. Walking is out of the question for the time being.

Tea tonight was a homemade pea and ham soup, and tomorrow Mr G is having another crack at the Jambalaya he made last week, seeing as it went down so well.

I just want something to happen, you know? Something good, someone to lift my spirits, something to occupy me, something to look forward to? Just something, anything. Doesn't even have to be exciting. Just something that will put a smile on my face.

Ugh... and this ^ was yesterday's post. I was all set to publish last night when Mr G's iPod went on the blink. Cue three hours trying to update it, update it through iTunes, trying to recover it, resetting passwords, and finally thinking I was going to have to restore it, it finally applied the software update through my PC. Well, I did ask for something to happen that would occupy me, didn't I? I need to be careful what I wish for, seemingly.

Today has fared no better, if I'm honest. Another meh day, Mr G is also feeling meh now.  Berries and Greek for breakfast, we did a little cooking together, I made a garlic mushroom risotto for lunch and he made his Jambalaya again. As he was cutting the lettuce, he found a slug, and if you know me, you know my feelings on slugs. He screamed (like a girl) and said 'Ooooh I don't like it!'. I asked him what he didn't like and he said 'Slug!' to which I told him to get the lettuce the hell out of my house, and in the outside bin. Stat. I may have used the f word too. So, we had Jambalaya with vine tomatoes and cucumber.







That was our day. The pain in my knee has now spread all over my left side from my back down through my hip, through my knee and down my shin. I am so in pain that it's tiring me out just being awake, and I fell asleep in my chair earlier. Tonight, I'm going to see how I can cheer this man of mine up. Maybe watch something funny, or plan something together for a future that's very uncertain right now.

Comments