Sunday Morning Walk

Well, today I flattened the curve on my Covid-6 - a weekly weight loss of 5 lb! Thrilled to bits I am, had a really good week, on plan totally, got a fair amount of walking in - more than I usually do in a month probably. Mr G maintained this week, which is a little disappointing seeing as how well he also did this week. Get him walking more this week and no doubt it will show next Sunday.

We went out for a nice walk this morning. Flipped a coin at the end of our street and we turned right and did the Llanfair circular walk. Took us just over an hour. We saw magpies and geese and quite a few bunnies running through the fields too. Very few cars on the road and you could hear nothing but bird song, and the air just smelled nice. You could smell the blossom on the trees, you could smell the sea. We saw a couple of joggers, doggers dog walkers, cyclists and others out for an early morning walk, too. Everyone was very respectful of social distancing; it's no big deal is it, stepping to the side, or onto an empty road for both parties to safely pass each other by. It's just common courtesy. Everyone was really friendly, greeting us with a 'Morning' or a cheery 'Bore Da'.



 
We took part in the North Wales Crusaders fan quiz yesterday and it passed a really enjoyable couple of hours. There weren't a lot of takers, a few people thought it would just be a rugby quiz - it wasn't, it was general knowledge. I think a few were a bit intimidated by the thought of using Zoom, but it's so simple and we're used to it now as this is the medium that our Slimming World group is brought to us on a Monday. Mr G and I came third overall from six teams. We were winning at one point and then the app crashed, and we weren't so good on the new sets of questions. It was a really welcome break from the same-ness of every other day since lockdown. Lovely to see some of our friends again, and Conrad said he would do another if we wanted. Hopefully be a few more takers next time.

Because spirits were high, we followed this by trying to take a selfie, Mr G and I. Like trying to bath a cat, getting a decent picture of us. You know when you have a kid, and they ruin every single photo you take by pulling a funny face? Meet my husband...


There were loads of pictures, including ones where I was laughing so much at the faces he was pulling, that I was crying. Still, laughter is good right now. Helps having a crazy husband, at times.

I am now 2.5 lb away from my 6 and a half stone certificate, and 3.5 lb away from being 11 stone something. That's the one that I am the most excited about. 11 stone something. Don't care what, just something. Let's hope my birthday next Sunday doesn't put a spanner in the works for me, because I would love to hit this by the end of the month.

Our Slimming World group is having another Facebook competition this week, a Magazine Makeover of a meal from the SW magazines. We're kind of stuck here because we only have one copy of the magazine - I'm not one for hoarding magazines, I read and then I recycle. My leader was mortified that I did this, and showed me her thick pile of back copies. We have to make our dish look as close to the finished article as possible, so that's me screwed because when I dish up, it looks as if I have just thrown the food at the plate from six feet away. I'm looking at the Chicken and Hash Brown burger, which is one of the very few recipes that I actually fancy from there. I love SW, I love the plan, but their recipes really don't inspire me. I don't think I'm alone, and that's why books and sites like Pinch of Nom, Chubby Cubs and Slimming Eats have had such a surge in popularity.

Woke up to a bit of good news too...



I don't know whether it's new music, or a new tour, or both, but either way - coupled with Lawson's reunion - I am excited!

I didn't get any walking in on Friday and Saturday due to the attack of sciatica I had (ugh, was bloody painful) but I am adding in the walk I did today as it was a 'proper' walk and not just milling around the house. 4.5 km.

Total walked so far: 28.5/200 km

Weekly meal plan coming tomorrow and plans for VE Day and my birthday... until then, stay safe.

Comments