Spoiled

There is a quote.  'Life is an echo. What you send out, comes back. What you sow, you reap. What you give, you get. What you see in others, exists in you'. Isn't that lovely? And as I've found this week, very, very true.

I was always taught that you don't give to receive. So I never have done. The pleasure, or reward, is in knowing how you've made the other person feel. Nevertheless, life has a funny way of reflecting back at you.

Yesterday morning, my friend messaged me to say she was doing a drive by and she gave me my birthday card and gift and two beautiful bunches of flowers.




Then, I received this lovely badge in the post from my NHS frontline friend.


I was so made up by these gifts. But my plotting didn't stop there. I had a care package idea for a friend who I take shopping to, as she has been on lockdown since before we were. I bought her some fresh fruit, and a few little treats (as she is on SW too).


Turned up at her house, and I handed them to her, and she had a bag waiting for us too. I said, what's this? She said 'Care Package'. So, at the same time, we'd both had the same idea.


A bath bomb, hand cream and face mask sample (and a little choccy - which she informed me were 5 syns) and a lovely note, that we were her key workers. I was blown away by this, just kindness breeding kindness. Isn't it amazing?

Had an off plan tea last night, despite my best efforts, I am in an awful lot of pain right now. My back, my knee, all raging with pain and I was hoping that resting would make it feel better but it hasn't. So, we had a ready made beefburger (Aldi Chilli Burger) with potato waffles and beans. It could have been a lot, lot worse, trust me.


Managed to stuff down a small cooked breakfast and toast this afternoon after shopping and Mr G's ultrasound scan and before delivering groceries and care packages...


Off to cook my curry, although I don't have the patience or inclination to do it, either *eyeroll*

Comments