44

Happy Birthday to meeeee! I have had a lovely birthday, as best I could do under the circumstances. My family and friends have pulled out all the stops to make sure I had a great day.

Yesterday, we were busy busy in the back garden. Mr G has been hankering after one of these babies for a long, long time. He initially wanted to build one himself, but not being practical right now, I found one online, with a retractable roof. Meet the new addition to the back garden.


It was really nice sat out there last night underneath it, we had our pulled pork pittas and salad, Cait and I had a bottle of wine each, and we had a chat with our neighbours over the fence. Not quite the 'party' that I usually have for my birthday but better than nothing.


Woke up really early and had to wait ages for the kids to wake up so I could open my presents and cards. I had some lovely gifts.


Mr G bought us a canvas of my favourite picture of the both of us. It now hangs pride of place over the television, where I can look at it any time I want.


My friend Lily bought me this super cute Maneki Neko tea set, it is so adorable!


My children bought me this Maneki Neko bracelet. It's like the shamballa bracelets that were so popular a few years ago, but each bead is a teeny tiny Maneki.


I had lots of smellies, some fancy salts, candles, a wellness journal, a lovely new purse, a gorgeous bracelet from my other friend, and money too. I've treated myself to a new perfume and will keep the rest to buy some new jeans (once the shops reopen!)


Mr G cooked his Indian Tandoori burger for us the other night, was bloody lovely. I'm a very lucky woman :-)

Tea tonight was a fakeaway, Chinese chicken curry with egg fried rice, homemade prawn toast and salt and pepper chicken balls. Followed by a large slice of birthday cake. And then another.



All done and dusted for another year. I just wish I could have had my eldest here today, that would have made it complete :-(

Comments