Crispy Chilli Beef

Another day's hard (house) work complete - I now have a lovely, clean, dust free bedroom with clean bedding, clean and tumble dried mattress topper, so it's all nice and plump again, I even turned the mattress over too. I'm going to treat myself to a Hypnos Mattress though, in the next couple of weeks. We plan to switch bedrooms around and will leave our mattress and frame in our old room and buy a new base for the new mattress. There's going to be some heavy duty painting and switching going on, but we might as well get it out of the way while Mr G is off work and while the children are on hand to help.

I'm feeling quite accomplished now, if it wasn't for my bloody knee I would get up and go and clear or sort somewhere else out. We have our Slimming World meeting in the morning at 10, so tomorrow I'm going to deep clean the hall, stairs, landing and front porch. None of them are too bad, but they just get really dusty.

Tea tonight was Crispy Chilli Beef from the latest Slimming World Magazine, and we were blown away by it. I love the Slimming World plan, which works brilliantly if you follow it - which, as you'll see by the picture below, I didn't... but I am not a fan of SW recipes. Most things I have made have been bland, meh or downright awful. They seem to have an aversion to seasoning and tend to treat people as if we all want each and every recipe to be 'easy' and with as few ingredients as possible. This, however, was choc full of ingredients and very Pinch of Nommish? Hopefully they're catching on finally, because they've really missed a trick there.


This recipe is a keeper, despite the long list of ingredients it was simple to make and on the plate within an hour. I posted a heavily cropped version of this plate on our Slimming World Facebook group... without the chips, of course.

We didn't get to go out for our walk today, my knee is still really hurting me, but I've pushed through with the help of pain relief. Having a well earned sit down now, the dishes are done, the house is tidy, everyone is fed and watered. Going to meal plan for the week ahead and see if anything clicks in my head this week to keep us both on plan.

Comments