Cake

My days really are up and down lately. Up Monday, had a good day, an early night, the first good night's sleep I had in ages. And I woke up absolutely shattered yesterday. Went to do a part of my shopping, I needed to pick some things up for a friend and my parents too. Came home, kept the shopping and that was me done. I slept in my chair, I was exhausted. Woke up feeling even worse. I didn't even have enough energy to cook tea. So we veered off plan again. I didn't even wash my tea dishes last night. But then again - neither did anyone else. Four other people have walked in and out of the kitchen for hours afterwards, and not one thought to soak them in water, or - gasp - even actually do them! Imagine that? It's my own fault though, so I can't start being a bloody martyr about it all, I've never made my children do chores. This means that on the whole I have four very entitled offspring who think they live in an all inclusive hotel with maid service. My youngest is probably the best, he keeps his room tidy, he brings his washing and plates through to be washed, he keeps his clothes, hoovers his bedroom. That's something at least.

Apparently this isn't just confined to me, either. A quick Google search starting 'Why are we sleeping...' automatically pulled up '... more during lockdown' as the top result. I found this really good article here with some hints and tips, if anyone else is feeling the same. 

One thing I have been spending a little time on during the past week is tarot. I can read tarot and oracle cards... on a very basic level! I cannot for the life of me find my tarot deck. I have all my oracle cards, my fairy cards, gypsy cards, but tarot? Nope. Vanished into one of the black holes that this house has... (it also has several black eyeliners, every single Apple charger we own except one, my nude lipstick and corresponding lipliner, and a black polo neck top) although, I know they have to be here somewhere, so it might be a good time to have a good rummage in all the hidden spaces and have a good clearout into the process.  

So, one of my favourite online tarot readers 'Awakening to Spirit' (you can find her Youtube Channel here) uses some beautiful cards called Tarot de la Nuit. One of my best friends kindly gifted me an Amazon voucher for my birthday and I decided to use it on me for once, and I have invested in a deck. I also had a nice little win yesterday and I decided to use that too, to purchase another two sets of oracle cards. Colette Baron-Reid's The Good Tarot and The Enchanted Map. I will be needing guinea pigs for this, so any of my lovely friends want to help out, drop me an email and I will attempt to read for you when they arrive :-)

Went shopping today, but that wasn't the most exciting thing that happened. I made a cake. A real cake, with sugar, and flours and butter. I've been craving coffee and walnut cake for ages, and I received the recipe in Nigella's newsletter today. It felt like a sign. I had one slice and I felt sick. That'll teach me, won't it? I'm unsubscribing from Nigella, stat.


Tea tonight was a homemade Chicken Madras, that was hot going in, put it that way. I also have a nice big pan of curry base sauce to freeze, so that's plenty of Indian restaurant style curries ahead over the next couple of weeks.

My stirrer in his SW apron

Tomorrow I'm taking a day's holiday, firing up my iPod and doing some editing. It's promising 22C here tomorrow (ugh) so I will not be setting foot outdoors. I also need to do some serious detoxing after that cake, plenty of water, fruit and salad tomorrow.
   

Comments